• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FutureRIP & Prismjet Extra

thmooch

I am having an issue with FutureRip. I am printing to a Prismjet Extra(Mutoh falcon outdoor jr. 38"). I initially had some good quality printing on Vinyl & then printed a 3'x6' banner, came out great. The next day after printing the banner I start printing on vinyl(I did lower the head back down) & terrible quality. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, reloaded the profile & on & on...I did a quality test print from Mutoh website that bypasses the FutureRip. It was great. I would appreciate any help getting this back to where it was.

I have attached the test file from Mutoh site(prints fine) & a test file included in the FutureRIP software.

Thanks

Attachments

• Mutoh.jpg
    Mutoh.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 119
  • FutureRIP.jpg
    FutureRIP.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 100

thmooch

First thing today was run cleaning cycle. Then print from FutureRIP(terrible quality), then print using the Mutoh Utility(good quality) I think it is something with the RIP Settings, or Profile somehow.

thmooch

Well...after fighting with this software for way to long & getting little in the way of Tech Support from the Co., looks like I am in the market for other Software to RIP to my printer. Are there any manufacturers(with support) that provide demo software that I can try out. I just want to make sure that it is software(FutureRIP) related & not somehow the SEH box or something else before spending more $.

Thanks

gbarker

Have you tried setting it up using a parallel cable to rule out the SEH box? However, as I type this I'm wondering how you sent the Mutoh test job? Through the network SEH box? Is so, that should rule out the box. I've always used Production Manager that came with Flexi for my rip. Works great with my Falcon. I'm assuming you have use this material before without a problem? Looks like too much ink (profile settings) or the heaters might be set wrong. As for raising and lowering the head. I've always for the last 4 or so years kept mine in the up position. Less chance of a head strike.

thmooch

The previous owner wanted to keep their Flexi as they were still cutting vinyl, so hence the reason for me needing RIP software. I have tried different heat settings nothing helps. I see your point about ruling out the SEH, since it all goes the same way to the printer. I agree about putting down to much ink. after one time trying to print the ink was still wet to the touch, but this could have been when I lowered the heat setting. Where do you run your heat for vinyl & banner material? Also any better results on matte or Gloss?

Thanks

gbarker

36C for both heaters. I know Sign Warehouse suggested 50C for both but I think that is way too hot. I'm not familiar with FutureRip. Does it have ink override/limits you can adjust? Are you using Mutoh brand ink? I went with 11/10 for a while and had to further adjust my ink limits.

thmooch

I am using Mutoh Ultra Ink(this is what came with the machine). As far as ink over ride limits, I will have to take a look. The thing that gets me is initially when I loaded the software it worked great even with the one profile provided. I am brain fried from this. I will make a note of the heat settings. I hope I can get something figured out soon.

gbarker

Well in the meantime there are wholesalers out there to help you out. The Merchant Member section has a few...

Kind of hard to see in the image. Is it just the black with the issues? How long have you had the printer? Any help from the person you bought it from?

Last edited:

thmooch

I have been out sourcing to a MM here for a while with great results. I picked up this printer for what I thought was a fair price. All colors come out "blotchy" when printing through the RIP Software. Maybe I will get in there & start changing settings, can't get any worse right?