• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FYI: Eleven Ten Inks for Roland

Gallant Reflex

Just wanted to pass this along.
I'm a Roland service tech and I've had several customers who have switched to the Eleven Ten inks being sold by Grimco. Overall these inks seem to be ok except for one issue...the black is black but not quite as black as the Roland inks. This has caused issues with the sensor picking up the registration marks as the contrast level is lower. This has required an adjustment to the sensor to lower it's sensitivity threshold or simply cutting some half-inch circles out of black vinyl and placing them over the reg marks. Either way it is fixable but I just wanted to share this.

FrankenSigns.biz

I have heard about alternate inks for my Roland printers, but I've not switched for reasons such as this. If I'm going to switch, the inks need to be a darn near carbon-copy of Roland's own formula. (Which ain't gonna happen)

It has been my experience that if someone switches products to save a few bucks, it ends up costing MORE in the end.

StreamlineDesign

I'd like to not void out 2 year warranty. I'll stick with Roland inks!

The techs who installed our VP-540 said that they have gone on many a service call to fix printers using non-Roland ink.

Haven't tried the Eleventen inks but i just switched to Nazdar Lyson inks and was a very close match on color, I just love them, I have had no problems with the heads drying/clogging. $80 for 440 carts. where the Roland 440 carts are $130. my $.02

synergy_jim

I have heard about alternate inks for my Roland printers, but I've not switched for reasons such as this. If I'm going to switch, the inks need to be a darn near carbon-copy of Roland's own formula. (Which ain't gonna happen)

It has been my experience that if someone switches products to save a few bucks, it ends up costing MORE in the end.

My blacks are spot on and I have had no issues with reg. marks not picking up.

What you heard is garbage....

We have been using eleven ten for 2 months w/ zero issues.

synergy_jim

I'd like to not void out 2 year warranty. I'll stick with Roland inks!

The techs who installed our VP-540 said that they have gone on many a service call to fix printers using non-Roland ink.

dude.... think about it....

If I am a tech... and my company makes money selling roland inks.... who am I standing behind?

D

Digitall

Here is how it works. If you are going to use Eleven 10 inks, which are excellant from printers reports, you need to empty your machine of original inks, then fill with 11-10. They supply a form you fill out and you send it to your dealer with a sample test print. If something happens to a head or ink related part, you are covered under Eleven-10 warranty. All other problems not ink related are still covered under your Roland warranty. The sample print is for 11-10 to test that you are using their inks.

visualeyez

I am almost certain that the registration marks printed from the Versaworks software, print with not only 100% K ink by default, but also 100% CMY also. The percentages may not be exact, but I KNOW that is is not just 100% K ink, therefore these aftermarket inks should not be any problem.

-Keith

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We've been selling third party ink for the past four years. 95% of the customers who bought our ink appeared to have no issues. There are small percentage of people out there that knows absolutely nothing about icc profiling or the machine. All they expect is to plug in the aftermarket cartridges and expect to print like roland original ink at 50-70% discount rate. Come on, PLEASE only comment the ink when YOU have enough knowledge, only after you tried to adjust the icc profile and of course, not to have opinion of third party ink= garbage at first. Most of known third party ink offers well made and they work. Why would they spend 100s of thousands of dollars forming a corporation selling non-working ink? It doesn't make sense. Now, does it make sense?

Francis

schurms

All the after market ink I have seen does not have the density of OEM and smells. It also seems that the color gamut is not as good. Just my two cents.

Jackpine

I have tried two aftermarket inks and neither came close to Mutoh's inks in color. Both had a strong solvent smell. I will stick with Mutoh inks. I get very good results. Just my two cents.

james2

My Roland rep sells the eleven ten inks and swears by them.
I have purchased a set but have not yet put into machine. He says they work perfectly with printer and there is no need to change lines, etc.

Which brings me to a question. My 2yr warranty on my 540 is almost up.
It is not a printer that runs every day. What do other 540 owners think about renewing the warranty? I think it's over $2,000 for 1 year. My Roland rep actually told me that he does not think it's neccesary. Over the 2 years, he replaced one head, replaced a circuit board, and thats about it.

D

Digitall

My Roland rep sells the eleven ten inks and swears by them.
I have purchased a set but have not yet put into machine. He says they work perfectly with printer and there is no need to change lines, etc.

Which brings me to a question. My 2yr warranty on my 540 is almost up.
It is not a printer that runs every day. What do other 540 owners think about renewing the warranty? I think it's over $2,000 for 1 year. My Roland rep actually told me that he does not think it's neccesary. Over the 2 years, he replaced one head, replaced a circuit board, and thats about it.

You dont have to change the lines for the ink , you need to run through until you are running all 11-10. then send sample printed to dealer. they will send that to 11-10 to verify ink. If you have a head problem using 11-10 you will be covered for ink related problems from 11-10 not Roland

PS It's nice to swim in the clean water again

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I have a local sign shop customer who's in business for over 10 years. He has one Roland VP-540 and also does screen printing. His dealer suggested to switch from Roland to Eleven Ten because of ink cost. He switched and found ink has good result. I approached him and offer one magenta 220ml cartridge. He tried and he started buying from us in bulk system because switching from Eleven Ten to J-STAR, you will save another 20-30% ink savings with no problems. He did not flush the printer. He is using Eleven Ten with our ink together and "perfect" he said. He now has magenta and yellow refillable cartridge w/ liter ink setup. He confirmed he will call for black and cyan upcoming week.

J-STAR brand is selling same formula, same ink for the past four years. Colors are very close to oem ink. A bit stronger but standable smell vs oem. But with over 70% ink cost savings, it is different story. Of course, we dont suggest customers to switch to us with warranty in effect. We have several signs101 members using our ink with good feedbacks. We are also 100% eBay Seller on eBay.

Example Roland VP-540 bulk setup savings

Four liters(cmyk) of ink $280
Four empty refillable cartridges $0
First order Shipping $0

You are also backed by 3 days money back guarantee, period.

Francis Kao
Fieldcenter Inc
sales@fieldcenterusa.com
(949)209-7306

Attachments

• roland pic 3.jpg
    roland pic 3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 78
  • roland picture 1.jpg
    roland picture 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 86
  • roland 5.jpg