• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FYI... VersaWorks 3.0 is available

Mason

What I think this perf cut is, is a cut creating a perf line that makes separating the decals in consistent shapes without having to cut them out.
Yeah except I still cant find the info on their website for this, any help would be appreciated greatly!!!

cgsigns_jamie

Just like the "CutContour" path, create a new path and call exactly like this:
PerfCutContour
Versawork will recognize this and open up a new dialog box under Cut Only.

Roland recommends to control cut and perf pressure (gf) from the software.
I personally could not make the pressure work correctly from the software - Either the cut was to heavy or light or the perf was cutting too deep or both.

I tried all combinations of control from the menu (printer) and software without success.

Docs are found on RolandDGA website under support.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the info, saved me some time.

Sounds like Roland is trying to compete with the Graphtec plotters, they have a similar feature.

MichaelAlmand

Hey guys

the Perfcut can't be good for the cutting strip I think you will go through alot of these.

My question is how do I set up my plotter camm1 cx24 to run from versaworks iam sick of my windows 95 computer that runs the plotter I cant seem to get it to connect in versaworks (serial port) any idea's??

thanks

Mike

scuba_steve2699

anyone sucessfully get the perfcut to work? I have not had any time to play with it as the machine has been running jobs but would like to try soon.

GARY CULY

i have that perf-cut feature on my CG130 mimaki plotter ,,,using flexi 8 with.[ i sound pretty dumb here but not sure if it a flexi feature or mimaki or both ,duh]Now on this deal you move the blade holder to another"notch" in front of standard notch on the carrier,so it runs on a softer cutting strip that is right in front of std. one .
it will work and im sure if you want to test a lot moving speeds and pressures,blade depth,etc.
honestly unless im doing 1000 decals that "have to be" diecut i bail out of the setting up bout 15 min into it ..lol.....once a man gets all his settings recorded for quick switcharoo it would be a very nice feature . like if i knew to set exactly press,120,speed 30.then theres one more cant remeber now, i would use it more .it may use a blade up a bit faster but in everything cool ,trade off may be worth it . a stack of perfect die cut decals has to appear better than ones with a piece of backing hanging off the edges in my opinion men.

Replicator

Upgraded VersaWorks today to Version 3.0.2, Restarted the computer, and to my chagrin it started printing like crap.

Pixels everywhere, distortion in the prints, banding and just plain old bad prints.

Decided to do a system restore, but when the computer restarted the original version 2.7 would not open, said that no dongle was found.

keep in mind, this program DOES NOT use a dongle . . . !

Went through the hassle of uninstalling VersaWorks and then reinstalling and low and behold everything printed like it did before . . . WTF?

Not sure what the problem was, profiles were all installed correctly, all the settings were the same as before, absolutely clueless.

Talk to my rep/tech and hopefully when he goes to SGIA he can find out directly from Roland what the issue might have been,

But for now I'll be sticking with the older version as it is tried and true.

Should have gone by my original instincts . . . if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thought I would share this tidbit of info and hopefully spare some others this grief.

B Snyder

Thanks Rep. I'm still holding out and doing fine with 2.7

Has anyone updated the firmware 1.7?

Last edited:

turbotoys

Do not update if you are running vista 64... It crashes as soon as you open it - or at least it does for me... Anyone else have this same issue or am i the only one running vista 64

Sign Works

Still running 1.7.1 which was current 2.5 years ago when I got my printer, worked just fine then and still does.