• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Geo. Knight vs. Might Press Digital

flisk

Personally I'd go with the Geo Knight. I used them before, and have never had issues with them.
However, I'd consider stepping up to the DC16
http://www.bestblanks.com/geoknightdc16.html

If for any other reason so you can get other attachments as you need to. Yes, the drawback is that the DC16 is a 14"x16 whereas the one you posted is a 16"x20".

I just like the idea of being able to do hats and mugs (don't care about doing plates or cubes).

But that's just my opionion on it.

Air Art Girl

By all means, get the auto open if you are using for T-shirts. IMO the swing away works better for dye sub objects as the heat platen lowers straight down onto the item but for t's look for the auto open. I have a Hix and Geo. Knight swing away and a Phoenix clam auto open. Geo. Knight has the best technical support. They can keep those things running forever.

njsigns

I just went through the same decision making process that you're going through. I have owned a Geo-Knight press for several years now, but I felt it was time to upgrade. My old GK press had a temperature dial and no timer. It didn't give accurate temperature readings and as a result I have trashed quite a few shirts. I know my press is older technology, so this may not be an accurate comparison. I will admit I was reluctant to take on larger orders, where if I had too many "mistakes" it could hurt my profit margin, or worse, cost me money.

I too was looking at the Mighty Press, but ended up buying a Hotronix instead. I really like the auto-open feature and the digital temp controls / timer.

I spent the few extra bucks - and I feel confident in my equipment.

Gene

SignManiac

I have the swing away G.knight and we use it a fair amount with no problems and use a stand alone mug press.