• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber 4b

VISUALCONCEPTS

Does anyone know what plotter setting you would use
to set up an old 4b with an lmk card in omega 2.6.
and get it to work ? Thanks JH

Jillbeans

In GA 6.2, in the devices box, my 4E is listed as SMIV-15-1, Com 1:
Dunno if that helps but I bet Fred will know.
Love....jill

Jillbeans

I could go look up under my bed where my old 4B is.
The 4E does not use a LMK.
I can't remember which slot it goes into.
But how many people do you know who have a 4B under their bed?
Love....Jill

VISUALCONCEPTS

Not many, we haven't used them in ten years and they have been
packed away. And trying to get them to work is harder then i can remember,I can't remember thing from yesterday, yet ten years ago,
Thanks again Jh

itzdeb

The LMK is hooked into slot seven. The larger, thicker plug goes in the first slot.
Mine is up and running; don't get them mixed up, be sure to mark them, as I mark the thick one that it is the front, but make several copies of notes everywhere down the line in case you change computers or your desk gets messy like mine!

coyote

I always wondered if the ole 4-b could be hooked up to a computer-to run Omega or whichever and was told it wouldn't happen.....This was years ago, before I even knew there were such things as sign forums...

Our 4B is in the basement-we use it to cut really heavy sandblast materials or run paper patterns...unfortunately, there's a problem with the cutter-it jams and skips, and I've not been able to fix it...Have replaced every moving belt, part, piece and widget to no avail.

Won't fit under the bed-that's where the dust kitties live.
Carol

Dave Drane

I still have my 4A connected to Signlab through the Cadlink fastboard, and i also use it for making pounce patterns, cutting reflective and sandblast rubber. Ahhh memories!!! I remember When I bought the digitizing tablet and would digitize a logo or whatevere and then go have lunch and a sleep while it was "computing".

Richard Flint

Ah, the old 4B. A noisy workhorse. If Fred hasen't given you the correct answer, then perhaps the plotterdoctor.com can help.

I really miss that quite-sounding machine, especially when it was cutting curves or round letters. :Big Laugh

coyote

I'll check out plotterdoctor. thanks for the heads up.
I was placing an order with a supplier while the old beast was cutting away and the sales person said....I know that sound!!! haven't heard that in ages...." etc.

Carol

Jillbeans

Thanks, Deb. I am going to make a note of what you said about the slot and the position of the LMK, just in case I ever need to get out the old 4B again.
Love....Jill

VISUALCONCEPTS

Thanks For All The Help

Thank you all for your help ,got both machines to work today,lmk in slot 8
set at smiv-15 for the plotter and then remembered the trick!! mode button,then GSP plot, then Enter the led reads (ready plot), no need to put anything in slot 1, sent both machine off to schools for a gift
Thanks again Jeff H

itzdeb

Great news.
Oh by the way, for anyone that wants to know, yes, Gerber 4b +LMK+ Omega is what I use.
Nothing else needed to make that operation work.