• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber are intro...

artofacks1

Hey guys, excuse me if this has been done before in here.

I noticed there isn't that many Gerber Edge 1 - FX guys or Gerber cutters. Well relative to the inkjet world at least.

I figure we all post our names, location, equipment and a little of what we do.

Name is Robert O., Los Angeles Ca. Edge FX and Envision Die Cutter. Or prime nitch is helmet decals but we do the window decals and other surfaces as well.

Billct2

There's a few Gerber Edge users here, including the site admin Fred. I have had just about 20 years. Back when we got it we did everything with it including tour buses and tractor trailers. Now we still use it for a lot of vehicle lettering

signage

I use it for all sorts of thing that inkjets do not do very well along with very small specialty items! They have a niche market!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I'm from the southernmost center of the "Mitten" and we run GS and GS Plus cutters only. We've literally carved out a niche market doing monument and stone engraving work.

JB

Bill Modzel

I've been an Edge1 user since 98 when I signed up with Gerber to be a MacImprint beta tester for them. I still make tons of money with my Edge even though I've had an HP9000s and now an HP 26500 latex.
Specialized Lexan equipment labels are a mainstay although we have another client who loves the PermaGrip vinyl and we print two, 50 yard rolls for them every couple of months. That's a $3,500 repeat order! I've even tried to move them over to another high tack material we could run on the HP but they're sticking with the Edge.

jfiscus

Rap Master
There are a lot of us on here. I have a few Edge 1, an Edge 2 and the old Original Edge still running prints almost every day. I also have GS/HS/odyssey plotters. Love our Edges and they make us a lot of money still, even though we have three 63" printers now. They're where we got our start and a lot of our repeat business wouldn't be possible without them.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We've had an Edge LE and an Envision plotter along with two seats of Omega 5.0 since 1998. Along the way we used it for everything from labels, decals, general signage and vehicle graphics. Health issues forced me to stop doing installs a couple of years ago but we still print lots of labels and decals with it for both wholesale and retail clients.

Here's a link to my uploaded gallery photos. Many of them are Edge printed in whole or in part.

GoodPeopleFlags

I bought my first used Edge 1 in 1997 or 1998... sold it and the biz in 2005 but started getting back in to things last year. Bought back my old Edge and GsX15Plus from the guy I sold it to. It's like getting the band back together!

TimToad

We bought a used EDGE about six months ago in order to expand our decal and sticker offerings, but frankly haven't even taken the time to get it up and running because we were busier all winter than we expected and we were training a new guy, who now thinks doing little handyman projects is a better career move than learning how to be a signmaker.

I do have a decent sized static cling job coming up that I need to be able to print white on clear, so that is my motivation to get it going.