• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Cutter Help

JoshCertain

I am working with a Gerber Fastrack 750 and using 3m Premium Scotchcal Opaque Vinyl. I have Omega Composer on my computer.

I am having a problem with fine corners when cutting vinyl.

The edges of the letter are pealing up where the blade plunges into the vinyl. I have replaced the blade with a fresh one, but it didnt help.

I have googled trying to figure out the correct cutting pressure, but I cannot find anything on 3m's site or anywhere else. Anyone have some settings help or some advice?

Thanks,
Josh

btw Hi i'm new here :smile:

gabagoo

how new are you to your equipment? Just curious. 3M is softer than most vinyls and we too have had issues over the years. Make sure that your blade is not exposed to much and let the weight of the cutter head do the cutting. When I take my blade holder out of any of our machines it's almost impossible to see the blade unless you hold it up to a light sourse. That may be the problem, but not sure.

JoshCertain

Yes I am fairly new to the equipment. Ive been working with it since August, but I am just now starting to cut more fine detail stuff. I am trying to get to know this machine very well so I can increase the quality of my work.

I will look at the cutter blade, maybe pulling it backa bit will help.

thanks
josh

Billct2

Don't know that machine myself, but the simplest thing is to have the blade as exposed as little as possible then test, adjust pressure (or weight) and the blades exposure till it's right. Different materials require different set ups, and maybe even different blades.

Craig Perry

as stated make sure the blade is out only a tiny bit, play with this setting in Omega (see image), it will alter your blade offset.. also check the tip of your blade has not been snapped off?..

Attachments

• plotter.jpg
    plotter.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 127

JoshCertain

Thanks for your help yall. Yes I did have the blade out too far.. I have gotten that fixed and the letters are coming out much cleaner. I appreciate your help very much :)