• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Maxx 2

stickygraphics12

I was offered one of these printers at a good price! I was wondering what everyone thinks that they are worth & how much i should pay for it? Also if anyone has one, have you had good success with it and is it a good printer?

Thanks!:thankyou:

stickygraphics12

are they really that bad? I was just wandering b/c I am new to the business and have been using a pc60(which i hate) and am getting rid of VERY soon and upgrading! I just thought this might be something to buy and sell right away but i guess not!

Billct2

It was never a big seller and I'll bet it's no longer supported.
If they're giving it away and it works I 'd take it, otherwise look at a good used Edge, s

meltsner

Different opinion from an actual OWNER

Would've responded this morning but didn't have time.

We are the owners of TWO Maxx 2 printers. Only one operates, the other is used for parts (the extra six cassettes make it exactly twice as convenient though!). Here is our honest opinion that is "tried and true":smile::

We are very pleased with it in general performance. These machines are heavy and built like a tank. We have had a few problems along the way, but everything eventually worked out fine.

About what one is worth, I would say pay no more than $3,000-4,000 and consider it carefully. If they are generous and give it away, go for it! They are worth more than "$0" though. Be aware though, foils can be expensive but are still available.

Support still is available, they will even come out and look at the printer if need be.

However, if you are relatively new to this business, be advised that there is a good bit of learning to the printer, and to Omega, if you're using that.

CONCLUSION: The Maxx 2 is probably the best built thermal printer, but there can be problems, be prepared to handle them. There's a good learning curve to it. If it is a very good price, I'd say go for it, but if you have a 'backup' printer, good!! This is just an honest opinion, hope it contributes some!

~meltsner~