• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber odyssey disassemble

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
I need to get into the drive belt / motor area - had no problem getting to the electronics but don’t want to just start removing screws to get to belt - anyone ever dismantle an odyssey 48” before who could give me some insight- not really worth sending out to fix hate to say ( shipping + fix = $$$$)
Thank you

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
It's been many years since I've worked on one, but it's not too much different from an Envision plotter as far as getting into it. You have to remove the keypad side of the plotter. Start with the backplate, then the bottom plate and then remove the keypad cover. Be careful of the cables as you do this.

Good Luck,

Joe

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
It's been many years since I've worked on one, but it's not too much different from an Envision plotter as far as getting into it. You have to remove the keypad side of the plotter. Start with the backplate, then the bottom plate and then remove the keypad cover. Be careful of the cables as you do this.

Good Luck,

Joe
Thanks All I can say is it’s lived a long happy life - 20++ years

Jeff grossman

Living the dream

Good Luck,

Joe
Just my luck it’s the y axis belt/ gears way inside the machine - can get the part but can’t seem to figure out how to get to it - grit wheel feed motor unit -
Looks like time for a new plotter