• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Select 15

jowen

I purchase a gerber select 15 in great shape. But the problem is that I don't have the driver for it. I email gerber but they don't respond. If someone have this driver or the software this machine use and spare parts like swivel knife holder and roll tensioner please let me know.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think you terminology may be confusing myself and others. I've been a Gerber customer for 25 years and the only Gerber Select I ever heard of was an entry level version of their software from about ten years ago.

Can you post a picture of what you have?

As far as I know, the only drivers you are likely to get for whatever you have will be in Gerber, SignLab or FlexiSign software. There isn't going to be a driver to run it from anything else.

jowen

the plotter is very similar to the gsx.

Attachments

• 0322_1.JPG
    0322_1.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 02ca_1.JPG
    02ca_1.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 150

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I just checked my Omega plotter list and there is a Select-15 plotter listed. You will probably need a copy of Gerber Omega software to drive it though.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Before I would do that I would try the various drivers Flexi lists for Gerber in the 15" series. You might get lucky.

threeputt

Oooooh! Tough one. I'm with others. Gerber is very Proprietary on their stuff. But Fred's, your man. He knows more about Gerber than they do themselves.

sagesign

A GSX driver should work for it. You should check the pins on the sprocket. The Select could only use vinyl supplied by Gerber because the sprocket was different than the sprocket configuration of all others that uses punched material. A GSX sprocket will work on this to make it compatible with any punched vinyl.

Tony Teveris

Have you tried running spocket material through it yet ? Just slewing ?

I remember this to be the same as a GS 15 but I thought the sprockets were different as we were marketing this plotter for a different market.

I believe the drum can be upgraded to a standard GS.

jowen

yes the sprockets are different. Gerber offer me a conversion kit that I will buy soon. But the problem I have is with the driver for this plotter. I try all the drivers that flexisign have none of this work on the machine. I also have lxi software and the company send me the gerber drivers and they don't have the select-15, they told me to contact gerber but when I contact gerber they respond that I need to contact the software company.

jowen

How I can perform the "RS-232 Loop Back". I make all the Diagnostic Options less the "RS-232 Loop Back" without any error.

jowen

Today I received the GERBER SELECT 15 user manual from gerber. This helps me a lot to understand more the plotter. Just need to find the driver.

jowen

Today I received the null cable and I try to test the gsx 15 plus hpgl driver and the plotter works. thanks for all the help