• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Giant novelty check/cheque

Colin

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a printable image of one of those blank, giant novelty checks? (The sort of thing used at charity presentations etc).

(I'm thinking of one that looks like a real check/cheque, with all of the fine printed, muted scrolly detail in the background).

I've Googled images but only found really small files.

jiarby

dood...

it is a rectangle with some text and lines. I know you have it in you! I used orbit bt for the numbers at the bottom. slap a b/g image, a couple logos, and it was done in a few minutes.

Attachments

• check.jpg
    check.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 77

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Early years, we hand painted them by just copying a regular check. I designed one in my old ANAgraph program after we began die-cutting vinyl. Now that we print, we just copied the old vector files and put more pizazz into them.

large check.jpg

But here's one. Just design it in your favorite program and then push 'Print'.

Colin

Thanks Jiarby, but that's certainly not what I'm after.

BigDawg: For this, I guess CorelDraw

Donny7833

Ha that's funny. Last week I was asked to make 10 4' checks, and I thought to myself "do I spend an hour looking on the web, or make it in Illustrator". I used my business check for reference and made one up. It took all of 20 minutes to get it done...

Use the Force Luke....

jiarby

checks come with hundreds of thousands of backgrounds. You can put ANYTHING there. finding one by googling "check background" is not much help though... too common of a phrase that means something else.

Finding exactly what you envision as "fine printed, muted scrolly detail in the background" is a tall order.

You can make it just tiling a couple things on a b/g color and setting opacity

drive

scan a check, blow it up and make your changes. the background would be muted, so blurry detail shouldn't be an issue right?

Bigdawg

Just Me
I'm an Illy girl, but here's how you do it.

Let's pretend it's a gold safety check that is so common...

Create a color swatch the color you want the check to be...

Draw squiggley lines... space them evenly apart (step and repeat)

Mask them with rectangle size of check.

Lay them over rectangle of check. Make squiggly lines be 90% of your defined color swatch....

Lay type over that...

Waa-laa - you have a check....

Brandon708

Here is a check I made in flexi. All you need to do is fill it in and put their logos in it.

Attachments

• Check 1.jpg
    Check 1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 123