• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GMG Color Server

mmentone

Just wondering if anyone is using the color server software? We just got it up and running last week and it is incredible! So far the results are great but I've ran into a problem this weekend. I have been taking multi-page indesign files and saving individual pages as PDF's and running them through color server, after they have been processed they RIP in Onyx Production House x10.1. Here is where the problem comes in, on any page but the first I'm getting postscript errors in onyx preflight and they will not process. Its only happening on the 2nd, 3rd, act page files that went through color server. Onyx opens them just fine if not color corrected. I have a tech coming this week to help trouble shoot the problem. Has anyone else ever ran into this kind of problem? It has been driving me crazy all weekend.

JoshLoring

Seems like a lot of money to waste for something you can do in illustrator and photoshop with a simple action script.

I run all of our clients trade files through a script to standardize ICC profiles.

mmentone

The software does a lot more than that. We are crazy about color at my shop. One of the biggest things is keeping color consistent. By profiling each machine and and media that is where the color server software comes in. I can output the files on any of our 6 printers and they print almost identical. I'm not that great at explaining it, on their website they do a better job.

JoshLoring

I understand the software. I get paid to make people's printers print consistent. I'm telling you, is simply a file prep rip. it's essentially taking your files in bulk, converting them from input to destination in the same color format.

The same thing as throwing 100 client files in a folder, opening photoshop or illustrator, automate batch run folder, convert to desired profile and save. Keeping your print files all with the same profile makes them all print close providing the printer profile is set to the correct media.