• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Going back to school

showcase 66

So I think I am going to go back to school to get another degree. I have a BS in Civil Engineering/Structural Engineering and have always planned on getting my Masters in it.

I think I am going to get a Marketing degree this time. Only need 28 more credits to get that one. 7 Marketing classes and a couple of business classes. I could get this done in a year but not sure if I will have the time to do all the work for the classes and the business. I think the marketing information and knowledge I will get with the classes will help my business a lot as well as help my clients.

I have had a couple people tell me I am an idiot to want to get another degree and had others think its a great idea.

Just curious to see what others would do if they had the opportunity.

WildWestDesigns

So I think I am going to go back to school to get another degree. I have a BS in Civil Engineering/Structural Engineering and have always planned on getting my Masters in it.

I think I am going to get a Marketing degree this time. Only need 28 more credits to get that one. 7 Marketing classes and a couple of business classes. I could get this done in a year but not sure if I will have the time to do all the work for the classes and the business. I think the marketing information and knowledge I will get with the classes will help my business a lot as well as help my clients.

I have had a couple people tell me I am an idiot to want to get another degree and had others think its a great idea.

Just curious to see what others would do if they had the opportunity.

Always try to "improve" yourself. We really should never stop learning as in my opinion there is always something to learn.

Speaking as someone that has 2 bacholars degrees and 1 masters degree, I say go for it. More power to you.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Lifelong learing is a top prioriy here as well. Congratulations on the move forward.

You might also want to add business consulting to the marketing mix.

JB

HulkSmash

from my experience marketing in college never taught me much. The most i learned about how to market things was not in marketing, but in Economics. It may sound Odd, but i learned so much in economics classes than in marketing. Most marketing classes was a complete waste of time for me in college.