• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gold Holographic or Gold Vinyl Supplier

Goatshaver

Shaving goats and eating bushes
Been looking for some thicker holographic or metallic gold vinyl 4mils or thicker. No sign vinyl as I need it for stickers.

I want to run them on my UV printer and not laminate them so ideally something 6mils would be perfect, but I can really only find a regular holographic in 6mils.

JBurton

Signtologist
Just to point out, printing a shade of yellow on chrome makes a pretty nice gold. At least with latex inks, not sure how transparent UV ink is. If you wanted to mount your own adhesive, there's always mylar...

jharler

Printing yellow on chrome works well with eco-solvent too, just make sure the chrome vinyl is eco-solvent compatible.

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
I print on gold adhesive film, it's only 2mil though. Fun stuff to UV print on, and decent results.

IMG_20240808_140037.jpg

Goatshaver

Just to point out, printing a shade of yellow on chrome makes a pretty nice gold. At least with latex inks, not sure how transparent UV ink is. If you wanted to mount your own adhesive, there's always mylar...
Yeah I tried printing on UV but it's not nearly as transparent as solvent inks.
Printing yellow on chrome works well with eco-solvent too, just make sure the chrome vinyl is eco-solvent compatible.
It may be a last resort if I need to. I had previously don't gold stickers for them a couple of years ago but I can't get that same material anymore.

JBurton

Signtologist
I print on gold adhesive film, it's only 2mil though. Fun stuff to UV print on, and decent results.

View attachment 173093
What's Strongbad for? And can ya share the file. I haven't thought about homestar runner in years!

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Dangeresque has gold sunglasses, so was a fun print. Got the gold as a small sample roll, so wanted to see how well it worked. Color on white print on the UCJV300, but would probably work well on solvent too.

Attachments

• Dangeresque.png
    Dangeresque.png
    338.5 KB · Views: 40

JBurton

Signtologist
Dangeresque has gold sunglasses, so was a fun print.
Holy cow, I have quite a bit of homestar to catch up on. Last I looked at it was 2006. Strongbad's emails were magnificent to my highschool brain, wonder how they hold up these days...

Goatshaver

Ended up ordering some gold, but not didn't pay attention and it was a rose gold color. (Doh). Thought the RGOLD meant it was Rainbow Gold...now I got all this pink gold material to find a use for.
So I went and came up with a color to come close to the gold vinyl I printed on before. Doesn't look exactly the same, but I told them it wouldn't be an exact match to the previous run from a couple years ago. I used some sign vinyl that has been out of stock for at least a month now.
Right is the sign gold sign vinyl and left is the printed sticker.

20240829_163536.jpg