• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gold Rush Alaska...again

Pat Whatley

Watched Gold Rush tonight.

Can somebody PLEASE explain to me how Todd manages to survive week to week? Is it because the cameras are there and everybody is scared to kill him and feed him to the bears? Every single week on the show Todd makes some dumbassed decision that costs them a bunch of money. And every single week Todd just turns on the Aw Shucks act and starts talking about how much money they're going to make and how much gold there is right under their noses and everybody just goes back to work.

I can see the season finale now.....they weigh it all and they find out they've got 150 ounces of gold. Everybody is celebrating. Then Todd accidently drops it in the river. Everybody goes home broke but giddy about how much gold they'll find next year.

Last edited:

cdiesel

I was just saying the same thing. That guy's a moron. He sat there talking about how he loves gold.. just wishes he was good at gold mining. Really??? WTF??

ProWraps

he should have run a clean out 8 hours in. and kept running. i was thinking the same thing. stupid ***.

i dont even mine gold and i knew that. for christ sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phototec

You guys are really something, THIS IS TV, NOT REAL......

It is all scripted and most if NOT all the weekly drama, is all planned (see proof below).

The more drama, the more things go wrong, break and dumb a** decisions Toad (Tod) makes, captivates your attention and makes you watch the TV show.

If you watched last season, they all went home broke, how is it that they are back and have all NEW equipment?

Answer: Because of the weekly paychecks from the Discovery channel, who gets their money from the advertisers, based on the ratings that you provide.

I am blessed! I was kicked off of a reality show! But I knew it was coming because I read the script.

In a formatted documentary, AKA: Reality Show, the story lines are written by script writers before the characters, (participants) every set foot on location (in our case the mine.) The entire show is scripted, outlined and understood by all the production team but is only revealed to the participants that need to influence the storyline. The storyline is what you see as the viewer and all of the drama that is created is for your ratings which sell the program. I know about the script because I had a sneak peak read in April at the Sandy Airport.

My character from the beginning was as the “greenhorn”, “rookie”, and more deceitfully “outsider” ,”victim” and even possibly “villian?” Todd had multiple meetings with me about how the summer would be hard for me. He was planning on “running plays” as he called them which started with me hitting a car he purchased for the sole purpose of me “accidently” running into. I grew the beard and kept my tooth out which I actually have an implant for not too different from the dentist that was a character on The Hangover. I was OK with the whole idea, as I have been in music entertainment for years! Shoot lets do it I thought!

by Jimmy Dorsey

http://www.goldminingrealityshow.com/?p=224

:noway:

2B

call it what you want, can't stand them for this exact reason. THE SHEAR STUPIDITY they do and KEEP DOING IT!

here's what I don't get ... real ... fake ... real fake ... whatever

how can you have ANY involvement in the mining industry and not be prepared for MSHA?

I've installed signs in mines (coal mines and gold mines) and by definition ANYONE who works at a mine is a miner and has to go through MSHA training and if you are unfamiliar MSHA is no joke. Unlike OSHA..MSHA places the responsibility on the individual, if you are caught driving in a mine without wearing your seatbelt, not properly employing lock out / tag out, smoking on property , etc , etc... YOU as an individual are personally fined .. not the company YOU, employee, contractor, owner ... whatever. MSHA is no joke I was actually amazed how easily they all appeared to get off the hook.

K Chez

I always thought it was funny how they "can't feed their families" or "pay their mortgage", but they can justify spending 250K on equipment to do something that no one has a clue or any practical experience how to do.

For two years.

Watching this show is like reading posts on T-Shirt forums.

SignManiac

I enjoy it primarily because of seventeen year old Parker. He has more sense than the rest of the entire bunch combined.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

That is the most FRUSTRATING show I've ever tried to watch. Nothing but dither and distress. I see it as symbolic of how people get into the sign business - buying equipment they know squat about running and thinking money is right under their noses. Are these jackasses EVER going to cash in (besides the money they make from the series?). And that old mans' voice irritates me to no end... "no guts, no gloreeeeee!". I can't believe there's a tv show centered around such ineptness. And that Klondike Fred - the claim stealer _ I'd like to pop a cap right between his eyes. If ever there was a more crusty, irascible human being. For some reason I am drawn to watching it though. I think the last thing I'd do is cheer if they ever hit a motherlode.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The whole thing seems to be saying that the American (or anybody else's) dream is just fool's gold and that being willing to take risks and work your butt off will most likely lead to losing your butt.

TheSnowman

No, the dream is to actually achieve what they are after...or any "American Dream"...would be succeeding at whatever that is. I think most watching would like to see them hit gold. I agree, the Parker kid RUNS EVERYWHERE. I saw the film crew special they did and they said the hardest part was keeping up with him. Fred is a d-bag.

Stealth Ryder

No, the dream is to actually achieve what they are after...or any "American Dream"...would be succeeding at whatever that is. I think most watching would like to see them hit gold. I agree, the Parker kid RUNS EVERYWHERE. I saw the film crew special they did and they said the hardest part was keeping up with him. Fred is a d-bag.

I agree, if anyone hits the Mother Load I hope it is the kid... He double times everything he does...

edgette

In the first few episodes I watched this season it really seemed like they fit 5-10 minutes worth of show into the entire episode. They show that damn map every other scene like we don't know where they are talking about in regards to the claims. They seem to like to repeat the same stuff all the time just to fill in space.

I still watch it though and DVR it on days I'm not home.