• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good decal vinyl...

Screenanator

ok...since I'm gettin the hang off the new Roland....whats a decent decal vinyl....and would you lam or use spray for decals and small stuff?....school me people...school me....my brain is like a sponge....granted...it's the old ...smelly ....falling apart sponge.....but it still works...LOL
:thankyou:

chopper

there are several types of film.. the most common are:
calendered which is a cheaper film which is good for up to 5 years out doors
but it tends to shrink ( oracal 651, shine rite, etc)

cast which is rated for 7-10 years out door depending on which brand and grade you use, 3m, oracal 751, and 851 series, calon 2 mil high performance

the only time you would need to clear unprinted vinyl is if you did a krylon fade on it etc, ( krylon fade is krylon spray paint sprayed over vinyl to get a fade etc.) and there would also be no need to laminate.. //chopper

Screenanator

there are several types of film.. the most common are:
calendered which is a cheaper film which is good for up to 5 years out doors
but it tends to shrink ( oracal 651, shine rite, etc)

cast which is rated for 7-10 years out door depending on which brand and grade you use, 3m, oracal 751, and 851 series, calon 2 mil high performance

the only time you would need to clear unprinted vinyl is if you did a krylon fade on it etc, ( krylon fade is krylon spray paint sprayed over vinyl to get a fade etc.) and there would also be no need to laminate.. //chopper
Well I got a VP540 for the Krylon fades.....so I guess for full color decals no lam or clear are needed?

mystysue

It somewhat depended on what it is going on, if we lam or not..
you can use dry lam.. or you can use cleashield that you roll on.. or you can use the spray sealer like the one clearshield makes..

we do alot of stickers for rc boats and we always lam them becuse the fuel would just destroy the prints on them otherwise

Screenanator

It somewhat depended on what it is going on, if we lam or not..
you can use dry lam.. or you can use cleashield that you roll on.. or you can use the spray sealer like the one clearshield makes..

we do alot of stickers for rc boats and we always lam them becuse the fuel would just destroy the prints on them otherwise
ya...nitormethane kills everything....lol....ok...lets say for 3x5 inch window decals or product decals on race cars.....spray or roll on coating ok???

And why MYSTYSUE are you stalking me?LOL

P

ProWraps™

oracal for small decals. weeds the best. let the flames begin!!!

chopper

Well I got a VP540 for the Krylon fades.....so I guess for full color decals no lam or clear are needed?
Sorry in your original post you said roland, and I assumed that you were talking about a camm1,
for printed material I use orajet 3651 G, for short term with oracal 210 over laminate.
or else I use orajet 3951G with 290 laminate, I have also used automotive clear to protect the graphic, which works great,
there are also different brands like 3-m, calon etc... which have matching laminates for there materials // chopper
there are also vendors listed here at the bottom of the page that will help you with what you need and give you better info than I can...

P

ProWraps™

Sorry in your original post you said roland, and I assumed that you were talking about a camm1,
for printed material I use orajet 3651 G, for short term with oracal 210 over laminate.
or else I use orajet 3951G with 290 laminate, I have also used automotive clear to protect the graphic, which works great,
there are also different brands like 3-m, calon etc... which have matching laminates for there materials // chopper
there are also vendors listed here at the bottom of the page that will help you with what you need and give you better info than I can...

i second that. i too thought you were talking cut vinyl. nothing to see here. move aloooooooooooong!