• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graininess in my images

cwb143

On the Jeti 3150x2 I got some graininess that showed up
in my prints and I was wondering what causes it. It just started doing that. I'd like it to be smoother. Colors look good just needs to be not so grainy. I wrote a profile and it was worse but colors are good. Using Onyx 10.1/Uv Ink
Gandi Jeti 3150 x2 printer. On styrene.

Thanks
CWB

Mspec

I am not familiar with your particular product, but the first thing I would look for is if you had inadvertently turned off your ICC profiles, if not I would scrutinize your printers registration. Printers that are slightly out of registration in either axis ( carriage direction "bidi" or media direction "feed" ) can show a grainy effect before any obvious left to right ghosting or stitch banding.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
The first thing I would check is your encoder strip, if you have'nt cleaned it in a while it will get dirt and dust on it and it can cause the grainyness your talking about. Also check for head height and left right alignment. If that doesn't solve the problem check voltages on each of the heads to ensure they are correct and then run color to color alignment and vertical head alignment.

Hope this helps!
Jeremy