• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphics on an interior Metal door

PrintQueen

so, I have an upcoming job that involves multiple projects around our campus recreation gym areas (i work for a university). There is a double door that they would like full cover graphics installed on. The door is to a mechanical room, so it stays locked and I didn't get to see the other side of the door knob during our site evaluation. Assuming I print each door as its own panel with a bleed around all 4 sides? Should I just make a slice on the panel and wrap around the knob? We're going to request that they remove the metal plate that covers the gap between the doors. Is there anything else I should be aware of? Anything special about working near hinges? Does it need to be primed first, or not so much, as it's metal and not wood or a wall? First time doing a set of double doors like this, so I'm reaching out to anyone more seasoned, who has any tips or tricks or things to look out for.

thanks in advance for the guidance! Happy printing!

1681836275303.jpeg

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You can pull the knob off, stick a paperclip in the little hole and pull it off. Then it's just a little box in the way which shouldn't be a big deal to work around.

PrintQueen

You can pull the knob off, stick a paperclip in the little hole and pull it off. Then it's just a little box in the way which shouldn't be a big deal to work around.
thanks - that would be a huge help. can work with the little box, as opposed to this handle situation. Thank you!