• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec 7000-130 question

I have a Graphtec 7000-130 that I normally run using my Wasatch RIP program after printing. I've been wanting to do Perf cuts for pop out deacls so I need to use the Cutting Master 2 software to do that from since you need the decal contour cut and the perf cut offset from that.
I watched the instruction videos and printed a small file (3 decals) to test.
The cutter reads the registration marks fine but then won't cut the contour cut for the decals and I get a Error 1 Instruction not Recognized error. I tried switching the HP-GL command to GP-GL command but then it flys right past the reg marks alltogether so I changed it back. I've tried unplugging the USB and then replugging it in.
I tried just sending a regular vinyl cut file to the plotter but it won't go either.
I did notice one thing, after I open the Cut/Plot program the area (up in the upper left corner that shows the plotter) is greyed out. Also, I haven't updated the firmware yet to 2.0 (do I need to turn the plotter off to do this?)
I have called Graphtec twice and e-mailed them but have not recieved a reply yet.
I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing,
So...... if anyone has ideas I would really appreciate it.
FYI...I'm using Corel X3.
Thanks!

particleman

I think in gp-gl mode it flew right past the marks because the step size was not correct. It probably needs to be 1024. Look in your manual about where to set this.

My options for steps are 254, 508, 1016 (which is where it is) and 2540. The steps stil doesn't explain why it won't cut a basic vinyl job without using the registration marks.
Anyone know what I'm missing here?

Graphicdetailsinc

when i make the file i just generate 2 files. 1 with the outter contour and one with the inner contour. Just draw a blank box aroud the file so the boundries of both files are the same and there you go 1 cut and 1 perf cut. I usually unload the media weed it and just leave the reg marks on then re-load the media and perf it.

when i make the file i just generate 2 files. 1 with the outter contour and one with the inner contour. Just draw a blank box aroud the file so the boundries of both files are the same and there you go 1 cut and 1 perf cut. I usually unload the media weed it and just leave the reg marks on then re-load the media and perf it.
You do this in Wasatch?

Graphicdetailsinc

i make the file in flexi and add 2 cut lines 1 for the cut 1 for the punch. just draw a box around everything so it has the same boundries. Save it as an eps with the box and the cut. then make another eps with just the box and the punch....