• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE2000-60 Inaccurate Cutting

neato

I went to cut some paint mask on my Graphtec today and had this happen. You can see the variation in the line weight on my border, and also the point at the bottom of the curve where the cut didn't meet up correctly.

I thought at first maybe it was dirty pinch rollers, so I cleaned them well with alcohol. I also fed the vinyl off the roll to make sure it feed smoothly, but the same thing happened with the second attempt.

I'm cutting from Vinylmaster Cut. The file looks fine in both Corel and Vinylmaster Cut.

Any ideas where to start?

Attachments

• pic 2.png
    pic 2.png
    331.9 KB · Views: 305
  • pic 1.png
    pic 1.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 271
What do the grit rollers tension levers on the back look like. Possibly moving as it cuts because it doesn't have the right down force across the roll. Slow it down. The knife might not be able to get through that paint mask fast enough so as it rolls it's pulling or pushing and moving the mask around a little.

neato

Thanks for the advice. I just tried to slow it down from 25 cm per second to 15. Exactly the same results. :(

Joe House

Have you changed your cutting strip? Have you changed your blade? Is the carriage solid on the rail or can you wiggle it forwards and backwards?

neato

Hi Joe. I haven't changed the blade or strip. The strip may need to be replaced. I don't cut much at all, (a couple times a month) so I'm pretty certain the blade is good. It's about 3 years old.

Everything feels solid on the carriage. When I bought the unit, I had a similar issue and it was a loose carriage, but I tightened everything up well.

studio 440

Hi Joe. I haven't changed the blade or strip. The strip may need to be replaced. I don't cut much at all, (a couple times a month) so I'm pretty certain the blade is good. It's about 3 years old.

Everything feels solid on the carriage. When I bought the unit, I had a similar issue and it was a loose carriage, but I tightened everything up well.
get a new blade and cutting strip to start

CanuckSigns

Hey Phillip, does that plotter have an adjustment for the pinchroll pressure? It almost looks like the vinyl is slipping when it's going back and fourth in the cutter.

Does it do it on regular vinyl or just the paintmask? Do you have a pen attachment on your plotter you can use on some paper to see if you get the same results? (That would rule out the knife and cutting strip)

Last test would be to try a different file, sometimes files just get sent over funny.

neato

I haven't had this issue before, this is the first time trying the paint mask. I think you're right. I noticed that at the end of the cut, the vinyl seems to be lifting, or bunching a bit by the right pinch roller, like the pinch rollers aren't tight enough to keep it taught.

There isn't a pressure adjustment on the rollers that I can see.

I went ahead and ordered the pinch rollers and cutting strip this afternoon from Wensco since I've never replaced them and who knows the last time it was done. It's an old cutter!

Jburns

that stuff is a little heavy, and slippery on the backing paper. I assume you are unrolling from the roll on the back side of cutter, so the cutter doesnt have to lift it. best case would be to precut the sheet too.

CanuckSigns

According to the manual you might want to check the step size and make sure they are set to the same value on the cutter and in the software.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Congrats on keeping that old thing up and running for so long. Graphtec should send you a T-shirt like they used to do with the Ford Bronco if you maintained it past 300,000 miles.