• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE2000-60 - Trying To Track Down A Problem

Samuel K

As I mentioned in a previous thread, we have a Graphtec CE2000-60 that we are trying to transition from one computer to another. After being unable to get satisfactory results from various software demos, we moved the cutter back to the original computer to try it with our old version of Flexi. We fed the same graphic to Flexi and SignGo and the results were pretty close to identical, indicating that there's a problem with the cutter itself. (It was physically moved across the office and has also probably never underwent any sort of maintenance in the past.)

As an experiment, we cut several copies of the same graphic, 5 wide and 2 deep, to see if problems occurred at certain locations. There was one very noticeable difference between the graphics across the horizontal access.

There is one portion that should be a very narrow strip. On the right side (where the cutting head rests when not in use), two cuts are very narrow at one end and quickly converge into a single line for a majority of the cut. Each subsequent image to the left is a bit wider in that area. On the far left copy of the image, the section is very clearly two cuts, the entire length of the piece, as it should be.

What would cause something like this to happen?

Edit: The software we were using when this issue occurred was SignGo. Also, I realized that it sounded like I was ignoring the possibility of the image itself having issues, but I presume those are the ones that are duplicated across multiple copies and that the image isn't at fault in the issue I described above.

Last edited:

rcook99

Post pictures as this will help people see what is going on. Did you make sure your head is not loose. I have had 2 graphtecs 1 CE2000 and 1 FC7000 that had to have the heads tightened.

Samuel K

What you're referring to as the head assembly is the same thing that Graphtec refers to as the pen carriage in the attached graphic, correct? If so, it has quite a bit of play as far as moving it up and down and rocking it back and forth but I can't find any screws that seem to make any difference in that regard.

As far as posting pictures goes, I can try to take some but as it's very small cuts on white vinyl, it's extremely difficult to see the lines unless you hold it in the light just right.

Attachments

• graphtec-ce2000.png
    graphtec-ce2000.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 92

CS-SignSupply

Samuel K

Call me at 1-877-602-4237 and I will see what I can do over the phone to help. I have pictures that will be posted here with explanation shortly.

CS-SignSupply

First thing to check... Power off and unplug. Take the blade holder out. Push down on the blade holder arm on the cuthead assembly.

If your machine is in good shape, you should reach a solid stopping point when pushing down and the carriage head guide wheels should not come off the aluminum carriage rail when you try to push the arm further down.

Attachments

• carriage wheel guid.jpg
    carriage wheel guid.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Samuel K

There is a definite gap between the guide wheel and the carriage rail. Less so when the arm is down than when it's up, but definitely a gap in either case.

I appreciate the offer for phone support (as well as all of the help here on the forum) but I probably won't be able to take you up on it this afternoon. If the offer still stands on Monday, however, and we haven't fixed it via the forum, I may take you up on the offer then.

Thank you very much.

149motorsports

i have the same problem on my graphtec i just bought used! i did what you said and has a slight gap, i tried to tighten all the screws i saw but nothing was loose lol:banghead:

CS-SignSupply

Sometimes, you need to remove the screws holding the spanning bar at the top of th cut head assembly, slightly bend the bar and replace... bending the bar gives it more tension and should keep the wheels tight against the guide rail.