• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec ce5000-60 "no media"

I must be missing something.. When I place a small scrap in my ce5000 it reads the media.. starts to want to cut.. then throws an error message of "no Media" put in a large piece and it's fine.. any way around this? Thanks in advance

TheSellOut

There might be a censor on the back that you can cover with a piece of tape to trick the plotter. That is what I have to do with my Panther!

briankb

Premium Subscriber
there is a media sensor on the right back side. make sure your scrap is covering it then make sure to set it up for a sheet instead of roll so it will measure the scrap.

I covered the sensor as I did on my ce3000 but it still doesn't do the trick... HMMM... ahhh but wait... if I then hit Enter it makes the cut! but why do i have to hit enter again?

GP

Hmm. This is something I have just gotten used to. No real rhyme or reason so far as I can tell. Though, mine only does it about once a week.

I hit enter and it continues on its merry way without a hiccup.

Curious what you find out -

GP

according to the manual................. Symptom, The “NO MEDIA” error
message is displayed during
a cutting/plotting operation
and operation is
halted (CE5000-60/120
only).
CAUSE,“Paper End” was detected erroneously.SOLUTION, Press the “ENTER” key to continue
cutting/plotting and to disable any subsequent
“Paper End” detection.
To enable subsequent “Paper End”
detection, lower the media set lever
and perform a feed operation............. what ever that means!

here's what I found out.. If i select this..to disabled Enabling/Disabling the Media Sensors
This function sets the media sensors that detect the size of the medium in the feed direction.
When ENABLED is selected, the feed-direction media sensors are enabled.
When DISABLED is selected, the feed-direction media sensors are disabled.
(The default setting is ENABLED.)
■ It works fine.. OR If I remove the patch over the media sensor in the rear of the machine it also works fine but then I just gotta be careful cutting scraps.. Not sure if i want to disable the media sensors...