• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Graphtec contour cutting length

Precision

We have a graphtec 8600, and it seems over time we can only manage to cut 12 to 15 foot lengths. Anything more it does not seem to be able to find the registration marks and registers a read error.

Reading the manual it says it should easily cut up to 100 ft?

Any advice on adjusting or settings that would help us get a bit more length on cutting longer graphics.

We manage by cutting in sections and overlapping, but it would be much more efficient if the Graphtec worked as it should.

I appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thank you.

ikarasu

Have you guys done this? I dont know why it limits itself to 80" as default... But we used to always have the same issue.

We always load in roll mode, even if it's a sheet just to prevent issues like this.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Our rip sets up Multiple marks on the length....searches them out every 30-50 inches or so. keeps things aligned for a long print & cut!

bigkahuna_305

when you load a print with reg marks press load sheet when you load it so it reads the length and width of the sheet you have to cut, then adjust start point inside reg mark like usual, we learned that if we didnt do that it wouldnt always find the reg marks but now that we do that it has never not found them. hope that works for you

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Have you guys done this? I dont know why it limits itself to 80" as default... But we used to always have the same issue.

We always load in roll mode, even if it's a sheet just to prevent issues like this.

80" is the Graphtec default page size. Somewhere, buried in the menus, is an item that will let you set the page size to whatever your roll length is.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
We have a graphtec 8600, and it seems over time we can only manage to cut 12 to 15 foot lengths. Anything more it does not seem to be able to find the registration marks and registers a read error.

Any advice on adjusting or settings that would help us get a bit more length on cutting longer graphics.

We manage by cutting in sections and overlapping, but it would be much more efficient if the Graphtec worked as it should.

Be sure your page length is set to something that will accommodate the length to be cut and use 4 point manual marks instead of the auto-read type 1 or 2 marks. If you can load a 15' sheet such that it runs straight you're a better man than I am Gunga Din.

stxrmxn

Be sure your page length is set to something that will accommodate the length to be cut and use 4 point manual marks instead of the auto-read type 1 or 2 marks. If you can load a 15' sheet such that it runs straight you're a better man than I am Gunga Din.
We would cut 2.5metre sheets (8 feet ?) 22mil thick 2 passes no problem with type 2 marks. Make the marks nice and thick, also there is a setting for accurate or fast mark reading, do not use the accurate one it is very sensitive, and yes to the quoted text, make your default sheet size bigger than you need.

rvolkers

rvolkers

make sure your size is correct - in cm4
have you tried to do the multiple reg marks along the sides as well
i would set it up with standard crop marks in the corners and then along the side every 10 inches - crops should be at least .75 long!