• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC4100-130 ? Got me stumped....

Look Up

Hi all, and thx for having me on your site.

Well here goes, I've been using the cameo silhouette and a US CUTTER MH721 and had no probs at all...
So me being me got the chance of a nice big cutter (Graphtec FC4100-130) and it's got my head battered !

I'm using Flexisign pro 10 at moment..

I did'nt get the drivers with the machine but someone managed to get them for me on disc ( win32 ) as I run a laptop with win 7 pro, anyways I've tried sorting it using USB lead and just can't get it to recognise the port or should I say it can't open port then sometimes it says holding the job...
HELP ME PLEASE....

I know the machine works fine as I've seen it in action.....

What I'm after soon is to replace the Graphtec FC4100-130 and the US Cutter MH721 for a nice little roland gx24...
so the machines could be for sale sooner rather than later..

Now I'm going for a nice cold can of Fosters because I'm getting so dizzzzy off this thing......
Reality is, I don't want to beat my laptop up, cost to much to replace. LOL

Ken

Thank you.

Your own Flexi 10 so it shouldnt be a problem with the device since its older than the software release. go to graphtec's website and find an updated driver or go to the flexi site there may be a driver or update on there you need.

I have cut on a graphtec 5100-130 through a usb port with Flexi 7 on windows 7. you just need to update the the new cut master 2 1.94 to do so (it should be included in the graphtec driver if i remember correct) and it will have the plotter device in there to select. I have currently switched to a New pc with windows 8 and cannot get the plotter to cut ( it looks like window 8 doesn't like the production manger setup que) the production manger cut master opens fine, but when i hit CRTL+L to plot the production manager setup que never loads up and flexi crashes. I am currently using adobe to cut with cut master 2.

Try this.....open production manger by it self. and there is an option to do a test plot from there. see if that works.

you may need to go into the graphtec plotter and change some of the physical settings the allow it to comunicate.

make sure it is on GPGL

Click Menu
Click Next
Click Next again
select <interface
select <command

you can then see the setting, click next to back out.

any luck with this sir? wanted to mention if your USB cable is longer than a certain amount of feet (i think its 10') data wont transfer that far.....i have a USB 2.0 Active Extension cable that allows it to be over the length that a normal usb line can transmit data, mine is 15' with no problems running on a usb 2.0 port

Look Up

Still no joy...

Tried them settings and still nothing, not even a test cut....
tried aparallel to USB and still nowt....
Can someone help me please, if not any one like to swap for a 24 roland...

Click Menu
Click Next
Click Next again
select <interface
select <command
select <RS-232c

select rs-1 (should have star on it noting the selected option of 3 rs-1,2,3)

mine is setup like this

9600 Baud
8 Bit
None Parity
Hardwire

If there are any options in your production manager for plotter setup these should match.

gabagoo

I have the same plotter and when we switched up to win7 I tried the USB, but we kept failing.
My computer man went out and got me a serial card for the computer and she runs like a dream.

hotrod46

the PLOT thickens.......

We use a USB to Serial adapter (Staples/Office Depot $30)
It creates a serial port 1 upon insertion.
Use the settings the last guy listed, they are pretty important.
Also check the setup for the plotter as some you have to tell
them what port to use for input.

Look Up

What a great bunch of People you all are, Thank you

Cheers all, just got back from caravan so going to givce a go tonight, thanks again..
OH I will lets you's know outcome... Hopefully good..lol

Look Up

Game Over...

For Sale Graphtec FC4100-130 Working perfect, just not on my Computer...
Complete with pen and plenty rolls of Vinyl... Reasonable Offers
Got me beat....