• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC7000-130 recenty serviced and still having issues =O

SignsRus

Ok...

When I started here 5 months ago the guy I replaced told me every once in a while the plotter would drag the knife through the print. I had just came from a sign shop with the same exact plotter, and never seen an issue like this before.

Sure enough though every blue moon you'd goto plot something, cut it off, put it on the table and find out the knife never went back up and just made a mess of the vinyl.

I spent countless hours on the phone with tech support trying to fix the issue. Upgrading the firmware to the newest version (not even available on the graphtec website) and it helped NOTHING.

Since the machine was still under warranty they said we could send in it for service. We shipped the plotter down to a graphtec repair place in Georgia. The guy called me after messing with the plotter for a day, and told me he couldn't get it to duplicate the problem we were having. He said his only guess is that I was using too much pressure to cut my media and maybe this was causing the knife to not go back up when moving to a different part of whatever job it was plotting. I told him I doubt this would cause any issue like that, but he stuck by his answer. Said he would contact graphtec and see what they had to say before he shipped me the plotter back.

We've probaly had the plotter back for a month or so now. Everything was going fine, hadn't had any issues!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday I loaded up some 48" oracal translucent vinyl, and sent a job through to cut 20'. It finished the job, I cut it off, and set it on the table. I put some black vinyl on the plotter, sent a small job, and was standing next to the plotter for a moment. I noticed it wasn't picking the knife up and didn't think much of it since it's been a month since it happened. But sure enough I go back to my translucent vinyl and it murdered ALL OF IT =O.

I can't afford to waste vinyl, nor do I feel a brand new plotter should be having an issue like this. I've never seen this before with the FC7000-130. Graphtec can't explain anything, and they are really pissing me off with their customer service.

As much as I have stood behind graphtec in the past, they are making me wonder what the next plotter purchase I make will be.

Anyways I'm just not sure what to do right now. The plotter is still under warranty.

*END RANT*

signguy95

Is it the pen cutting the paper or the cross cutter? We had a similar problem that the cross cutter would stay down and chew up our vinyl?

Jay

SignsRus

It's the actual plotting knife causing the damage.

I finally got a hold of a manager at graphtec. He took care of the situation.

They are sending us another loaner, and they are shipping our plotter to California to fix it.

ahh feel much better

warlind

We had the same problem - graphtec still has our machine. It has been two months. We were also having a real hard time w/ print/cut files, they were way off. Denco had to step in as they sold us the last unit and finally things are looking up. Oh there was something w/ the blade holders coming from the factory w/ two springs too????? no idea what that was all about but it wouldn't let the blade retract. good luck. wish they made a 54" hs15!