• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC7000 Problems?

phototec

I have a Graphtec FC7000-75 and having some weird issues with it, after changing the cutting blade and cutting strip, when sending the next job to the cutter it went crazy, it started cutting the job sent from CM2 about 10 times larger than the orig. AI file, I stopped the job and tried to send it again, but the same thing happened.

I didn't do anything different than I always do, except I did notice that I have been having a lot of static electricity these days and when I torch the cutter I get a static shock. Could this have caused some internal damage to the cutter?

One other thing I noticed, I use CM2 to send files directly from AI to the FC7000, and now for some reason I can't poll the media size, when you select the Poll Size Icon nothing happens, the media size only defaults to 29.60", even with a24" wide roll of vinyl in the cutter.

So I'm not sure if the CM2 is communicating with the cutter correctly?

What causes the image size to be cutting about 10 bigger than the file sent to the cutter?

Any thought or help is appreciated.

BTW: The same CM2 is working with another Graphtec cutter just fine.

Thanks

phototec

WOW, know I have another problem!

I had put this info on the USCUTTER forum and one person suggested I do a Factory Reset by holding down the up arrow while I power on the cutter.

So I tried that, and then it asked me to select HP-GL or GP-GL, I selected GP-GL and then for some reason several right arrows started moving across the display and now the display is in Japanese, so I don't know what to do because I can't read Japanese?

Anyone know how to set the display back to ENGLISH?

Any help would be appreciated:thankyou:!

phototec

Ok, got it back working!

First off, the STEP settings was off in the cutter, it was set to 254 and the STEP setting in CM2 was set to 2540 (for fine detail), so the cutter was cutting everything 10 times bigger, lesson learned.

And whenever you re-set to factory setting it goes to Japanese, and it's a BIT*H to back to English if you don't know how.

Found this maybe it will help others:

http://www.signs101.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-26799.html

:smile: