• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC7000MK2-130

Grafix USA

I seem to be getting too many "Mark Scan Error" messages on this cutter. I spend time lining up my marks and I still get them. Is there some trick as to the correct size borders, etc. that I should aware of or is this all operator error? Also, I'm really frustrated with FlexSign Pro 8.5 as once it sends the job to the cutter, if it doesn't work, I have to start all over again. Can I force the job from the cutter commands?

Thanks!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Learn to make your own registration marks, contour cut paths, and use the plotter's auto and/or manual mark sensing instead of Flexi's. Once you figure this out, and it's not particularly difficult, you'll never have to toss a job and start again.

Basically you create your contour path the normal way and then separate that path and using the Arrange->Contour Cut menu you make that path not a contour. Make your contour path white wire-frame.

Then create your own set of type 2 or type 1 marks, depending on your prejudices, and set them at the corners of a white wire-frame rectangle of known dimensions that bounds the print and the contour path with maybe a 1/2" or so margin.

Print everything.

Load the print into the plotter and use the plotter's Auto Reg key sequence. The plotter should then read your marks and pause after the last mark, display the detected X and Y dimensions and allow you to enter the logical X and Y dimensions. That would be the size of the white wire-frame bounding rectangle.

If for some reason, usually too small a margin or crud on the print, the plotter fails to auto detect the marks, you can choose 'Manual' instead of 'Auto' and manually position the blade at each of the marks. You still get to enter the size corrections.

Once the marks have been detected successfully, send just the bounding rectangle and the contour path and, optionally, the registrations marks to the plotter as a normal cut job. Make sure that you have specified a 0" margin and no weed box or anything else that will add to the size of your bounding rectangle.

omgsideburns

I'm using Signlab p&c 7.1.. I add my crop marks, print, remove my crop marks and set my contour cuts and send it to my fc7000. It asks me to line up with the first mark. I line it up, it scans it, then uses the dimensions to find the other crop marks, and then cuts.

digitalwoodshop

WOW... So much to learn..... Where is the best place to learn this procedures?

Still waiting for my FC7000. Not sure what software I will be running.

AL

Neil

omgsideburns
I'm using Signlab p&c 7.1.. I add my crop marks, print, remove my crop marks and set my contour cuts and send it to my fc7000. It asks me to line up with the first mark. I line it up, it scans it, then uses the dimensions to find the other crop marks, and then cuts.
Signlab will add reg marks automatically to any job that contains a "contour cut line".
You only need to send this job once - print it, then cut it straight from the queue.
It works perfectly as it should at finding the marks.

Grafix USA - The Flexi driver should work equally well without you having to get the cutter to do it manually.

There are some things that will trip up the process though.
You have to have the right margins around the marks before you load the material.
A common mistake is to have too much leading edge on the vinyl.

You need to have only about 2" of margin for the front edge so that when the machine finishes loading, the blade is sitting about 1/2 inch before and 1/2 inch under the first mark.

So when you're prompted to align the blade within the first mark, you only move it say 3/4 inch up (Y) and 3/4 inch in (X) max.

Any more than that will probably result in the dreaded mark scan error on the first mark.

As for errors on subsequent marks, that will be bad alignment. The Graphtecs alignment marks are useless IMHO. I have placed strips of thick vinyl on the front & rear of the platen in line with the left edge of the grit rollers.
I can butt the media up against these lines and get perfectly square tracking.

uneedasign

I have found that if it is shiny, reflective, or even brushed aluminum vinyl, I put a piece of 1" transfer tape on each side of the reg mark, and my graphtec works every time.

Grafix USA

After taking some time playing with it, I've got it working correctly just about every time and once I reconfigured Flexi to hold the job after it finishes, it lets me recut if I get an error so no more throwing away prints. I'm a happy camper now.

Neil

Love a happy ending.
But how about letting us in on what you did to get it working correctly just about every time?

kkamauu

Im looking at getting an FC8000 could i use my onyx rip for this or do i need to use another software?

If i get signlab would it be 1. Signlab standard 2. signlab pro 3. signlab cut pro?

thanks,
K