• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8000 irregular cutting

Lea Marc

Hi guys,

We have an FC8000 here and I have noticed that times (not all the time) the cutting pressure changes. More particularly with vertical weed lines sometimes the blade will cut right through the backing paper at different points but not the whole length of the media. I called Graphtec who couldn't really help much but the problem isn't as bad as it used to be. After changing the blade, adjusting the blade height, replacing the cutting strip and cleaning the plotter from debris it is way better than it used to be but I notice sometimes the force is still irregular. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Thanks for any help, Steve

woolly

Presume the 8000 to be similar in the head assembly is a small vertical incoder strip that may be dirty. It's small and delicate I use compressed air
Also make sure the cutting strip is flat and has no bumps