• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8000 Question

jasonx

If I have say a 10cm by 10cm graphic I want to cut on a 1370mm wide roll that was printed the whole way so 50 metres whats the best work flow for cutting it on the graphtec.

Can I do a cross cut every say one metre so the sheets pile up onto a table?

Any help appreciated.

Jim Doggett

Make sure the width of your Graphtec can cut a minimum of 1370 (48") wide. All cutters cat fit material that's wider than the max cut-width. So a 54" or 64" (140 or 160) cutter is the way to go. Whether cutting, or cross-cutting, the same applies.

www.graphtecamerica.com has info and, I think, a dealer locator.

www.signwarehouse.com has Graphtec 8000s and Vinyl Express Q Series. A Q160 might save you money and get you the features you require.

Best,

Jim

Case

Make sure the width of your Graphtec can cut a minimum of 1370 (48") wide. All cutters cat fit material that's wider than the max cut-width. So a 54" or 64" (140 or 160) cutter is the way to go. Whether cutting, or cross-cutting, the same applies.

www.graphtecamerica.com has info and, I think, a dealer locator.

www.signwarehouse.com has Graphtec 8000s and Vinyl Express Q Series. A Q160 might save you money and get you the features you require.

Best,

Jim

I think you meant 130 or 160, now that posts are all about correcting people...

Case

RIPITTMAN

Can't get fc8000 to contour cut

Hi been a silent member since 2006.Iam a one man shop in Lancaster,S.C. My old cutter died and i got new Graphtec fc8000.It cuts fine my problem it won't contour cut.I can't even get it to contour manualy.Always been able to work things out but this cutter is kicking my butt!Using FLEXI PRO 8.6 ,Been on net for hours can't find anything that helped.I know it's something simple iam missing any help would be great.
Thanks Ricky

RIPITTMAN

Yes contour cut is set in Flexi.I have been contour cutting with my dead cutter for years.Can't get this new high tec cutter working!
Thanks Ricky
R&R GRAPHICS