• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8000 Will not completely cut letters, etc.

We have tried just about every option between Flexi and the cutting controller and can't seem to make it finish its cuts.

Like on a letter, it will cut almost the whole letter perfectly, but when it comes to the last spot it seems to lift up and not cut through the vinyl. There is even a score mark where the blade passed over it but not deep enough to cut through the vinyl.

This is maddening. It does not do this on every letter or design. So you are weeding easily and then pull up a letter or stretch it out before you know it. Why would it be doing this when 80% of the cut weeds great.

The manual says that the blade is too deep. But we have since put a new blade in, calibrated it from graphtec website..adjusted the force up one way and down the other and it still doesn't cut all the way through..sometimes...

If we crank the force up really high it cuts all the way but messes up backing paper and dulls blade.

I should mention that we are using flexi-8 which does not support this plotter, we are running it as a Graphtec FC7000, but we have been running for months like this with no problems.

Oh and sorry about the double post this is the more important one. This is a fluid situation lol.

CS-SignSupply

What is the speed set to?

Go to the Condition setting on the cutter and go to screen 3... right arrow and look for OVERCUT.

Set the start and end setting from 0.00mm to 1.00

Post feedback

We recently bought a new cutting strip. The overcut only goes up to .035 on the control panel, I had been using overcut on flexi which defaults at .100

I just ran a test with the .035 on the plotter and .100 on flexi. (kinda rough but weeded better)

I will now try just the plotter

Update:
No luck with just the plotter settings. Turned it up to .200 on flexi and 0 on the plotter
It is leaving slivers and looks rough but is weeding better..What about this offset...

CB09U blade
plunger is the one with the blue cap
PHP32-CB09N-HS according to user manual
Installed the blade from the video at graphtec website.

CS-SignSupply

Blade tip exposed should match the thickness of the vinyl you are cutting.

The blade offset should be '0' if it is 45 degree OEM blade with the CB09u (blue tip holder).

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 93