• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC9000-140 over TCP/IP "Cannot open port." (fixed)

bsipsy

I'm having a problem that started suddenly out of nowhere this morning. We have all our cutters connected to Flexi Production Manager via the network. All cutters have DHCP turned off with manually set IP/subnet/gateway.
We have two FC9000-140 cutters side-by-side, both new (about 2 months old now), both connected to the same network jack, and both with identical settings (except IP of course). One is working just fine, and the other was working just fine, but after sending a cut with no issues, the next time we tried prepping a cut, clicking the "poll media size" button in flex gave error that it wasn't responding to poll size. I've tried from multiple computers to no avail. Also checked the settings in Production Manager. Nothing has changed but when testing the connection, Production Manager cannot connect to the cutter either. Also in case the port number is relevant, it's set to port 9100.
The cutter IS connected to the network. I was able to see it with an "arp -a" command in my terminal, and successfully pinged the IP without packet loss. Attempting to send a cut gives the "cannot open port" error, so that tells me it's a port issue. Anyone else had this problem?

bsipsy

I'm planning on doing so shortly. I just have to wait until there are no other print or cut jobs being sent to any of the cutters in the department. Seems odd though that it could be that, since the other identical cutter is working properly. I guess we will find out as soon as I'm able to shut it down.

bsipsy

Turns out that was not the problem. Still no dice after restart. I also tested ALL the cutters. Out of our 6 cutters, only one is having the issue.

netsol

possibly the ip address changed

download advanced ip scanner. install then run a complete scan
it will show every device on your network. sort by manufacturer and see what ip (if any) the plotter has grabbed
create a new port with that ip

bsipsy

possibly the ip address changed

download advanced ip scanner. install then run a complete scan
it will show every device on your network. sort by manufacturer and see what ip (if any) the plotter has grabbed
create a new port with that ip
It does not have a new IP. All cutters have a static IP. The first thing I did on initial setup was to turn off DHCP to prevent that problem from ever occurring. Also, it is on the network. I can see that it is connected when I run arp -a in terminal, and I am able to ping the IP from my computer.

netsol

ok.
http to the ip address, see if web server is running & if it is "ready" or shows an error
(you might not
also, are you sure it is YOUR DEVICE returning the ping. do a ping with a -t switch at the end of the line (IE:ping 192.168.1.1 -t)
it will ping forever or until you <ctl> c or close the window

power of the machine, or unplug the network cable, see that the ping stops, ( could be an ip conflict)

my rolands will accept a print job (not ready) if for instance i have the cleaning menu open (you might not be reaching home position, bad sensor?)

if you read, there were several threads recently about a windows 10 update screwing up serial communications

LOTS OF THINGS TO CHECK. post your results, we will get to the bottom of it

bsipsy

ok.
http to the ip address, see if web server is running & if it is "ready" or shows an error
(you might not
also, are you sure it is YOUR DEVICE returning the ping. do a ping with a -t switch at the end of the line (IE:ping 192.168.1.1 -t)
it will ping forever or until you <ctl> c or close the window

power of the machine, or unplug the network cable, see that the ping stops, ( could be an ip conflict)

my rolands will accept a print job (not ready) if for instance i have the cleaning menu open (you might not be reaching home position, bad sensor?)

if you read, there were several threads recently about a windows 10 update screwing up serial communications

LOTS OF THINGS TO CHECK. post your results, we will get to the bottom of it
Thank you!

Your suggestion about unplugging while running the ping was right on the money! Turns out another device somehow got the machine's IP (odd though, considering the machine was on and connected the entire time). We also had two of our canon Colorado printers start having the same issue, so I got on the phone with IT and it turns out there was an issue with our IP reservations on those devices. Got the reservations fixed, tracked down the person with the offending device, and got everything working again.
Now I'm only a few thousand feet worth of stencils behind schedule lol. Looks like we might have all six cutters running hard tomorrow :p

netsol

Thank you!

Your suggestion about unplugging while running the ping was right on the money! Turns out another device somehow got the machine's IP (odd though, considering the machine was on and connected the entire time). We also had two of our canon Colorado printers start having the same issue, so I got on the phone with IT and it turns out there was an issue with our IP reservations on those devices. Got the reservations fixed, tracked down the person with the offending device, and got everything working again.
Now I'm only a few thousand feet worth of stencils behind schedule lol. Looks like we might have all six cutters running hard tomorrow :p
Great news
The way to avoid this is either to exclude the range of ip’s you use static from the “pool” that csn be given out

if you don’t want to change everything, seeif the router supports a “reservation or exclusion list.

netsol

ACTUALLY
it would probably be easier to just unplug the router for 15 minutes at end of day and clear the client table completely
you will start over with the lowest ip's in the pool and be good for the foreseeable future