• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec JX1130 - Hope it was worth it

octanepc

I just purchased a used JX1130 from a friend for (what I consider) a song. He runs a sign shop and has a couple newer machines so he just wanted to get rid of it.

I am hoping that this machine will be a decent investment and earn it's keep.

Everything looks good on the machine except of course a couple little issues.

The ink lines are unhooked in the back (for bulk ink?) and on the cartridges, and of course they are dried up. It did come with all the ink cartridges, though I think the red is leaking. Is this a gravity fed machine? Do I need to use bulk ink? Is it even worth printing on?

The rubber rollers are coming apart.

Now, reading here on the forums I see that most guys in this business are not using this machine for printing and have not for a long time. It seems to take pigmentation ink which is outdated(?). I think I saw a specification of only 300dpi for this machine as well.

It is said to be a good cutter though. So I am hoping to start there, perhaps.

I have operated a small vinyl cutter with no issues in the past, but I am kind of running blind on the JX1130.

I was hoping that someone could provide me with a source for parts for this machine (such as the rollers). I was also hoping there was an owner's manual out there floating around for it.

Could this machine be used to cut automotive window film using the proper software?

I appreciate any help you can give.

heyskull

No is the simple answer.
Do not even think about getting it printing as the materials are expensive and do not work that well outdoors.
As for use as a plotter, Yes they were a good plotter but I think it will prove difficult finding spares for this machine.
On another note maybe some of the parts are generic from graphtecs other plotter, so could be interchangeable.
Just to say again please do not waste your time with the printing part of the machine it will only end in misery.

SC