• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Plotter Issue

WI

I've got an FC series Graphtec. I use Cutting Master 2 to run the machine from Illustrator.

A lot of what we do with this thing is cutting out large numbers of individual decals, for which we use the Graphtec's XxY repeat feature. This morning, the thing has started to cut jobs in columns, as opposed to rows. This is not what I want, the rolls of material we feed this thing are just too long and too fragile to be run back and forth through the plotter that many times.

Full disclosure, I've been tinkering with tool settings in order to get a good clean cut through some really thick, tough material. Mission accomplished there, but now we've got this problem. I know I must have just flipped a setting that I didn't mean to somewhere in the guts of this machine, but I'll be dipped if I know what it is, and frankly I'm too busy to keep banging my head against this problem for the rest of the day.

Anyone able to help out?

DIGITAL DESIGNS

I just recently bought a graphtec, but have had a Vinyl Express Q54 from sign warehouse for a while. From what I hear they are basically a graphtec.

Not sure about Cutting Master or Illustrator, but in Flexi there is a selection in the cutter tab to optimize cutting distance & I think if this is not checked it will tend to work from front to back rather than side to side.

Hope this helps, just not familiar with Cutting master