• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings!

Si Allen

Friends, I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting, but it is difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone.

So I met with my lawyer yesterday, and on advice I wish to say the following: Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious, secular persuasions and or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2012 , but not without due respect for the calendar of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great (not to imply that it is necessarily greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms :

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting.

It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her, him or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.

The wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Best Regards (without prejudice),

Name withheld (Privacy Act).

WildWestDesigns

Whatever happened to saying Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and/or Happy New Years?

I miss the good ole days.

I will say this though, I never cussed so much at the TV until I had heard "Trunk or Treat" during an auto dealership ad (only heard it one time).

WildWestDesigns

What bothered you about that?

Maybe I'm committing the fallacy of tradition, I don't know, but it's always been "Trick or Treat". "Trunk or Treat" just doesn't make sense other then to appease some demographic. I don't care if you don't want to observe it, take any part of it what so ever, but to change it for everyone just to suit your needs, that I don't care for all that much. Even though, I only heard it on that one commercial, I was aware of a bigger "movement" to get that to be the tagline for that holiday.

Although, it might also be more of the "straw that broke the camel's back" and that this one little thing was just the last thing that I just couldn't take.

BobM

Merry Christmas and Happy New year you old Phart......)))))) OP.....))))))) made Me sAy it.

Alti-Plotter

:ROFLMAO: Thank you for this post Si Allen. I live far far away from the United States so I take the risk and simply wish you a Happy New Year.

Craig Sjoquist

Si your a hoot .. when started reading I knew you found something that was way beyond a laugh ya did it again always enjoy the jokes you find or come up with ....hope ya had a great Merry Christmas and will have another joyous New Year.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah Si, it's pretty good, but so frickin' far outa character for you... I simply don't believe it.

Happy New Year, ya ol' geezer................ :toasting:

Attachments

• GINO.gif
    GINO.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 147

sar bossier

To Si, and to all: Happy New Year ... May 2012 bring health, peace and prosperity to all :toasting:
(and if you don't like this, don't read it)

Last edited:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
A holiday greeting with a TOUA*, and a EULA**

Kewl.

Put 'em both together and we can now say Happy TOUAEULA!

Yeah, baby...thats five..count 'em...FIVE....vowels in a row. Our blessed mother tongue usually permits no more than four ("sequoia"). How's that for diversity?

* Terms Of Usage Agreement
** End User Licence Agreement

JB

Last edited: