• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grey looks purple in sunlight

ChrissyF

Hello,

I have a grey logo that I blended in PSD and used a bevel & emboss. Printed out It looks fine in normal lighting, however it has a purple tint in the sunlight. Client wants to keep the shading how it is without having the purple hue in the sunlight. Can't figure out why the purple hue...any suggestions please.

Thank you,

Chrissy

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I find greys tend to either lean to the green side, or the purple side. Trick is finding that middle. Was it a specific PMS or just a color you 'picked' in the PS? When I print any greys, I actually shoot for a near purplish look, then once laminated it is where I need it, due to lam usually adding that touch of yellow. Sounds like yours was too far in the purplish territory.

ChrissyF

I am using Orcal 3651G and my output profile is 3651G Quality 1 so not sure about a profile issue. Color mode is CMYK and I am using color correction.

MikePro

also, how's your nozzle test print look?
Greys are printed using combination of CMYK and if a couple of nozzles are mis-firing, such as your yellow, the heavy C/M greyscale could come-out looking purple for certain.