• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

greys are greenish

gabagoo

I live by my colur charts, without thenI would be lost. Heck I take the big chart outside when matching a specific colour.

WOODBS

is there a chart for flexi though? i finallly reached a decent color, he loved it..just wasted a saturday trying to get the color, oh well, coulda been worse.

iSign

most charts are just an array of color swatches & written references to their cmyk values... the thing is to print it on your printer & your media, under a specific set of specifications, which you should write on the chart. If you use Flexi, to print a chart on 3651, at high speed, bidirectional, 360-540... with a specified profile & heat settings etc... then any color on that chart can be replicated by using the same settings, and media.

WOODBS

ahh, gotcha.. well here is my culprit

Attachments

• DSC03223.JPG
    DSC03223.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 101

MrDesignGuy

I've noticed the Color Management preset in VersaWorks RIP Software can have effects on grays/colors as well. I normally print on Pre-Press U.S. versus say Max-Density U.S. The colors print more like how I see them on screen. I've notice grays looking greenish if I print using Max-Density U.S. output. Designing in RGB versus CMYK is definitely the way to go.