• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 Color inconsistancies and streaking

Reaction GFX

I've been running a GS6000 with Onyx X10 for a few years now, and while it works great and produces fantastic results 99% of the time, sometimes I will notice a color shift from one print to the next of the exact same thing. I just finished applying a large logo to a Lexan panel...had to split the logo in two and it is mostly solid orange. Noticed after applying that the first panel is a distinctly different shade of orange than the second panel. (Note: I didn't "tile" the job in Onyx, since it needed contour cutting, I manually broke the logo up in Illustrator and sent it as two separate print jobs.) Thankfully, I don't think it is enough of a difference for my customer to notice...but I noticed, for sure. I've actually noticed the same thing when tiling directly in Onyx, so I don't feel that really has anything to do with it.

I'm currently printing some wrap panels that are basically a solid purplish-blue (think Southwest planes) and not only am I worried about the panels being slightly different shades of the same color, but for blues in particular, I can see some streaking towards the magenta side. Hard to explain, but it's just not a nice, continuous solid blue like it should be. It's not all that noticeable from more than a few feet away, but it is definitely noticeable, by me, at least. The color is way off on my sample pic, but it does show the streaking. I had to mess with my camera setting to even get the streaks to show up in the photo. I've noticed this before with large solid areas of color, most notably blues. Any ideas what might be causing this?

I'm using OEM inks and printing on IJ-180CV3, using the stock 3M IJ-180 profile. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? I'm just not sure if this is passable, but I don't have any idea how to try to rectify the situation. Thanks!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG1632.jpg
    IMAG1632.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 175

dypinc

I am asummimg you're rotating every other panel. You didn't mention it, but you are aren't you?

Reaction GFX

I am asummimg you're rotating every other panel. You didn't mention it, but you are aren't you?

No...do you mean flip every other panel 180 degrees in Onyx? Honestly, we don't do a lot of wraps, and we don't really print large areas of solid color all that often either. If that's something I should be doing, this is the first I've ever heard of it. I guess I could give it a shot, but I don't see how that will eliminate the streaking.