• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 Microweave Banding

MDKAOD

Hey all, quick question on the GS6000. We recently installed a nice humidifier system and since that install, my print quality on my GS has gone to hell. Now, that could just be coincidental, but I can't seem to get it back through traditional maintenance items (M/W adjustment, feed adjustment, etc.) Nozzle checks are 100% firing, so the print heads appear fine.

Now, I typically print at 540x720, but after poking around on here quite a bit I realized that all these years I've been killing my production speed by not using 4 pass 720 and also saw that the 720 modes should be virtually impossible to detect banding, however I'm seeing it. See attached.

I'm thinking it's something more than basic operator maintenance, perhaps dampers? Suggestions? Thanks all!

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20140617160614424.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20140617160614424.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 113

jddzigns

Resolved yet?

Did you resolve this issue yet? I'm having microweave banding problems too. Just like you, I checked all the usual suspects (nozzle check, feed adjust, line feed pattern, microweave settings, etc) and haven't resolved the issue. The Epson tech has paid us numerous visit and spent around 25+ hours working on it and has replaced the print heads, main board, paper feed motor, paper feed scale and a couple sub boards but no luck. Any help you can offer would be great.

MDKAOD

Solved? No. Worked around? Sort of. Increase the microweave setting from Medium to High. It slows down production, but it looks a lot better. I've found the problem only occurs in dark colors and is most visible in certain colors. Honestly, I believe this might be a profiling problem. I recently ran new profiles for a glossy banner material and my prints look pretty good...unless there's green in them, then I have a heavy microweave pattern.

Best thing I found was to compare stock Onyx profiles and build based off their initial settings with tweaks.