• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gsf font

captainron19

A client needing me to do some work for him just emailed me the font he would like used for his sign.

Unfortunately the font ends with the extension .gsf

I have never seen this type of extension before and I was unable to install it (I am using Windows XP)

Is this a vaid font type extension? Is there a way I can use it?

Shovelhead

"The `Ghostscript font' format output by BZRto and the `bdftops' program in the Ghostscript distribution. This is nothing more than the Adobe Type 1 font format, unencrypted. The Adobe Type 1 format is defined in a book published by Adobe. (Many PostScript interpreters cannot read unencrypted Type 1 fonts, despite the fact that the definition says encryption is not required. Ghostscript can read both encrypted and unencrypted Type 1 fonts.) "

http://www.ghostscript.com/pipermail/bug-gs/2002-February/000995.html

captainron19

OK thanks for the link but it comfused me somewhat. So the GSF is a ghostscript font? Just want to know what I need to tell this guy that emailed it to me... whether he sent me the wrong file or if there is any chance of me being able to use it

Shovelhead

If you want to be a stickler you can tell him that he shouldn't be sharing typefaces but that's none of my business.
He should just provide the name of the typeface or provide production-ready artwork converted to paths/curves.

Marlene

all of my Geber Fonts have a .gsf extension. was what he wanted created by some one using Gerber software?

Marlene

A client needing me to do some work for him just emailed me the font he would like used for his sign.

just wondering where a client would get a .gsf font to e-mail, how did they even get this font?

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
definitely sounds a little fishy....id ask what the typeface is that he wanted or have him send a vector art file...

captainron19

The guy that sent it to me use to be in the sign business and has since gotten out of it and needed me to do some work for him

Bigdawg

Just Me
Mybe someone with gerber fonts can tell you what font it is (if you don't know) and we can find something that is either the same or close...

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
marker is a gerber only font...here's a sample if someone knows of something similar....

Attachments

• Composer2.JPG
    Composer2.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 84

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Marker is a Gerber font supplied with their software. It is not available commercially. Your solution is to have any owner of Gerber Omega or Grafix Advantage software to set the type for you and then save as EPS or AI.

Malkin

I would be willing to set some copy for you in Marker (Gerber Font) and send you an .eps of the outlines if you want. send a PM...

Our internet is down at the shop, so I might be a little slow to respond.

Also there is a true type font called Making Pen that is sorta similar.

Signgrl

I have that font. I purchased it years ago and I don't have any Gerber machines. I don't remember where I got it but I use it with my XP. The name is the same also (Marker)