• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hanging sign foam from a building

ExecuPrintGS

Customer has us wanting to hang his cnc sign from a frame hanging off the building... originally was quoted as just mounting flat on the building. So now we are cutting a 2nd piece for the other side of this sign but we are having an office debate on what material to sandwich between these signs to make it "hangable"... the boss decided we will be doing a rigid mounted sign with a frame on the top and bottom. but we cant decide what the best material would be to mount these signs to to then hang it... Anyone who does this a lot have some advice? this is our first signfoam sign and thought it would be an easy one until they changed the hanging method.

any and all advice is welcome and appreciated greatly!

CanuckSigns

weld up a metal H frame for inside the sign, it will give you enough strength

the bit that would concern me is how to attach it to the building, around here these types of signs are pretty much illegal due to liability issues. don't want a 200 lb sign falling on someone's head

I would insist on engineer drawings before agreeing!

Eric H

Depends on the shape and how it's mounted. If it's 1 1/2" thick HDU it's about a cubic foot of material so it will only weight 15-20 lbs. You could sandwich a piece of MDO in the middle but pocket out the HDU so the MDO isn't exposed. That would give you something to fasten to.