• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

has anyone tried making their own H frame sign stands?

0igo

I thought id ask Before I head down to home depot tomorrow and wander around the store searching for parts. Online little stakes cost more to ship than the own stakes! If anyone has any tips let me know thanks.

CanuckSigns

Why don't you try your hand at making your own premask? Some butcher paper and a can of spray adhesive and you're on your way!

If your time is worth so little to you that you are considering buying, cutting & welding wire to save $0.46 each, you have bigger issues to worry about.

But then again, judging by your other posts, you are just trolling, so carry on.

Pat Whatley

Ladder mesh. It's usually over in the concrete/cement/concrete block section where the rebar and such is. It's a simple matter of cutting it with bolt cutters.

0igo

Why don't you try your hand at making your own premask? Some butcher paper and a can of spray adhesive and you're on your way!

If your time is worth so little to you that you are considering buying, cutting & welding wire to save $0.46 each, you have bigger issues to worry about.

But then again, judging by your other posts, you are just trolling, so carry on.

No I just have to make like ten of these lol. And was planning on giving them on Sunday. I don't have a big store near me that sells them but hey that's of topic.

Billct2

Around here I could go down to any corner and grab a dozen or so......just have to toss whatever sign they're holding now:Big Laugh

player

Maybe the OP needs to know that what ever it costs, he marks that up, including shipping and incidentals and charges it back to the customer.

If financing is a problem, which it usually is, always get a 50% deposit. Always get a purchase agreement in writing and signed BEFORE doing any work. Never start working without the deposit.

Pat Whatley

Here's a how to video

[video=youtube;UVShfQrYVIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVShfQrYVIw[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign Works

Ya and that's still 31 cents each. If you include the gallon of gasoline it took you to get to Home Depot and back they are now costing you 68 cents each. Stepping over dollars to pick up pennies? What's your time worth?

If the original poster was charging accordingly, from this job he would make a tidy profit along with making enough to pay for 100 stakes. 100 stakes would ship for free and now he would have 90 stakes for future jobs, not gonna happen selling yard signs with stake at five bucks apiece.

OldPaint

AND THE QUESTION IS............. we know he didnt BUY THE BOLT CUTTERS, and iam sure its ok to walk into a home depot............... use any tool and put it back on the shelf)))))))

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Be careful when using the bolt cutters, the ends get awfully sharp. We stopped doing it that way a long time ago because of that. I accidentally stabbed myself and thought "If this happens to a customer..."

We used a chop saw jig and cut the while box in half. Also I have heard of people using metal bandsaws to just cut the whole box in half as well. This is still a bit messy so we don't really do that anymore either.

I'll post a video of our chap saw jig tomorrow.

Keep in mind we wholesale the 15" stands in nice factory boxes too.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
making h frames

this can't be a serious question.

step stakes are so cheap, i actually make over $1.00 PER STAKE.

where is my troll gun?

-mosher

Andy D

Old thread... Why bring this up again?
Also I believe 0igo was referring to angle real estate H frames, not coroplast step stakes.