• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hate to beg, but it's for a good cause.

CheapVehicleWrap

So, before all this rain I had brought my RV, $1500 HD projector, $1200 18.5' HD screen and $2000 DJ sound system up to Spring Valley NY to a "retirement community" where a friend resides along with $75 worth of hotdogs and hamburgers including grill (yeah they have no grill) and created a true movie experience ("It's complicated" quick redbox pic went over real well) for about 60 elderly folks right on their front lawn. Spring Valley is not the best of areas... and normally this street has all sorts of music playing at night with gunshots often heard nearby (not Mosh). With the sound cranked nearly full all you could hear & feel was the movie.

We had planned on doing it again this weekend and quite a few more during this fall season EXCEPT... last week someone from a tow yard helped themselves to my projector. It's now on the hotlist and hasn't showed up at the pawnshop. I guess the sound system was too big and luckily they didn't recognize a giant HD blow up screen rolled up in a box. Even left the $300 blueray.

A new decent projector is not in next weeks/months budget and I don't want to buy a new cheap one. BUT, if someone happened to have an old working cheap one to donate or even lend... the shows could at least go on during the upcoming best weather of the year.

If you'd seen how happy these people were... many in wheelchairs.. a bunch who never leave their rooms... many haven't been to a movie in who know's how long, several with no tv's in their room. And enjoying GOOD food for once, you'd know what I mean.

Yeah there were 2 or 3 complainers who had their own fun calling security the whole time who simply ignored their calls until the movie was over, but over all they all had an awesome time, many of them telling me so.

mikey-Oh

Have you considered outsourcing for the next few?
Just rent one for the next 2-4 times, weather's about to take a turn toward the too cold around here.

CheapVehicleWrap

WHY do people think I'm SO cheap? I have NO idea? Really. Is it my name?

Rental is out of the question, I'd buy a cheap one before that. Hell, if I didn't get raped by this towing company I could have/would have bought a good one. I thought ALL the property would have been stolen, believe me, I'm VERY, VERY lucky. And out of all of the equipment, the projector is the best they could have stolen. Luckily getting the price down "some" and remaining on their lot which is "under surveillance" while the police report was filed will help in the case I'm filing against these thieves. 17k lb 34' vehicle over a weekend and a few days adds up quick. And absolutely yes, there's a WHOLE HELAVA lot more to this story than you could possibly imagine or that I'm getting into.

CheapVehicleWrap

Sorry, just brainstorming... best of luck.
Have you setup a paypal or kickstarter?

Nah, good idea but it's work and asking for money. I was looking at used but paying for a potential dud isn't too attractive. My bulb was recently replaced too for about 250.

Last edited: