• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Have ya heard about this.................................................................?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
TubeliteDenco bought Garston Sign & Screen Printing last month. Haven't heard anything about Grimco purchasing them.

visual800

if grimco did buy them out they didnt much buy much....tubelite in alabama has sucked for last few years, never have anything in stock

jochwat

Graphics Department
In case you're still not sure, this is on Grimco's animated header thingy on their website:

1696249476148.png

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I was told this by my GSG rep Thursday. This is going to suck. Grimco really made things harder for me when they bought out Midwest. I wonder if Grimco will start stocking Avery locally now like Denco did.

JBurton

Signtologist
Have not bought anything from Tubelight in 50 years.
Same here, but the barbecue sauce they were handing out at TSA a couple of years ago was a sleeper hit. Talked to a rep about a month ago and he said they are still getting asked about it, and they'd been trying to source more.

Saturn

Aging Member
Good time to remember that you can always try cutting out places like Grimco and Fellers if you buy enough of something specific yourself. All manufactures have a sales/customer servicve team willing to talk, even if they seem out of your league. Just ask them what the minimum for a custom run is... If it's something they already are running every week, your little skid of whatever could slot into their production easier than you think.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I use to get great prices from my Fellers rep until they got bought. Now pay like 15-20% more it seems.
Pass it on to the customer like every other business…

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
if grimco did buy them out they didnt much buy much....tubelite in alabama has sucked for last few years, never have anything in stock
They're not buying the business per se, they are buying the rights to sell certain products that they don't currently have in certain markets (Mimaki), onboard a handful of key employees and eliminate a competitor. It's going to be a buy and fold, pretty common nowadays.