• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HDU carved sign with stained glass

Billct2

Just in time for the 50th anniversary of a "Thanksgiving feast that couldn't be beat" (for those of you who know what that is) a new sign for what is now a community center.
Carved HDU with raised border, copper wrapped sides, mounted on 6"x6" PT post with PVC post cover and skirt board.
And the crowning jewel, a stained glass peace sign. It was getting dark when we finished so it was hard to get a good picture of the glass.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 136

SignManiac

Very nice Bill. Brought back memories of a sign I made ten or more years ago that was similar, including stained glass element. Fitting design for the building!

MikePro

looks great!
can't say I've ever gotten to incorporate REAL stained glass into a sign before.
though I've done a few with acrylic/lexan, stained-glass printed on gloss-clear & overlayed with matte black vinyl. ...won't last like yours though!

Billct2

Yea, I've done a few fake ones, but didn't think I could make it work for this, plus it's small, so not too pricey