• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Head soak siphoned out my ink

Rat_Fink

After doing a head soak, some of my ink lines are clear (no ink). What is the best method to get ink back to the printhead? Just do a bunch of cleanings?
Thanks!

FatCat

FYI - in regards to head soaks, it's best to never let them go beyond 20-30 minutes in my experience. The "wicking" created will initially cause cross-contamination in the printhead itself, and then if left long enough, will continually siphon ink out of the tanks and down the drain. Hard lesson to learn (I already been there and got my hat and shirt) but pretty sure you won't do that again, lol.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
FYI - in regards to head soaks, it's best to never let them go beyond 20-30 minutes in my experience. The "wicking" created will initially cause cross-contamination in the printhead itself, and then if left long enough, will continually siphon ink out of the tanks and down the drain. Hard lesson to learn (I already been there and got my hat and shirt) but pretty sure you won't do that again, lol.

Exactly. You can also crimp the cap tubes and that will prevent the siphon from happening but in my experience anything over 45 minutes to an hour is overkill for a head soak. If that doesn't break free the clogs, going long doesn't usually help much.