• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head striking while printing perforated vinyl.

A2K

I am having troubles with the header on my printer hitting my perforated one-view prints halfway through. I have increased the vacuum and lowered the curing temp but still seems to happen.
Any suggestions? I am using an HP Latex 365.

SignBoi

Hey A2K, I had this same problem many times.
First start by feeding out enough material to attach to take up reel. Must keep tension on material. If it's a small job you can keep tension by hand until finished printing.
Once print begins -> Click "adjustments" button
Turn up vacuum to at least 60% maybe even 70%.
Turn the heat down to below 200degrees.

Solvex 70/30 is my go to and does not have this issue.
The liner on briteline perf is thin and edges lift when heater from printer gets warm enough.
Don't forget the optical clear lam.

Hope this helps

• Agree
Reactions: A2K

Stacey K

I like making signs
What SignBoi said. I have HP 315 and run Briteline. I don't have a take-up reel so I clamp on a bar to keep some tension or use my hands if it's a little quickie job.

A2K

First start by feeding out enough material to attach to take up reel. Must keep tension on material. If it's a small job you can keep tension by hand until finished printing.

The liner on briteline perf is thin and edges lift when heater from printer gets warm enough.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the tips!

Agree with signboi, turn down heat, up vacuum and I’ll add that too many people run / print perf on too high of resolution. Turn down the resolution, print Single pass NOT a double pass and turn down your heat.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I am having troubles with the header on my printer hitting my perforated one-view prints halfway through. I have increased the vacuum and lowered the curing temp but still seems to happen.
You'll see several chats in this forum about the Briteline perf causing problems. Their liner is not as good. Continental Panorama One is a GREAT price at under $400 for a 164' roll for up to two year performance and their liner doesn't appear to give anyone fits. I stock it in Chicago.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
What SignBoi said. I have HP 315 and run Briteline. I don't have a take-up reel so I clamp on a bar to keep some tension or use my hands if it's a little quickie job.
I use clearfocus econovue. I put magnets on the lead edge to weigh it down until it gets to the point where i can start rolling it.

Eforcer

Hope this helps

Eforcer

This happens to many films. Sometimes the head strikes can be many unfortunate varibles. I've gotten use to cutting strips of heavy banner material and tape to the edges of the film during printing.

guillermo

Hope this helps
I believe, heat has nothing to do with the head strike, I have a latex 365 and the heater is about 10" away from the head travel path....