• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Header Material?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I have a project that involves placing a 12" panel stripe on the interior walls for a group of convenience stores.
Just a strip from the drop ceiling down to about 12" running on all 4 walls.
I've done a test with vinyl directly on the wall and think that they are a little to rough to look good. The walls are semi smoothed hollow block - no plaster and some painted textured aluminum filler panels above the chillers.

I'm thinking that a thin smooth panel material offset from the wall just enough to hide all divots and bumps with some VBH tape (backed up with silicon) would give me a nice smooth looking surface to set the stripe on.

Does anyone make something like this that would come in a roll that could be cut down to the 12" so I wouldn't have to deal with joints every 8 feet?
I have heard/read that there are lexan/acrylic materials that can come in big rolls that will flatten out when set, but don't have any hands on time with them.
Maybe even some kind of semi rigid - counter top material?
Any clever ideas out there?

thanks

wayne k
guam usa