• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Headway for Wordpress?

Circleville Signs

First - ANY help would be appreciated :)

I have decided that there can be no more waiting in revamping our website. After a lot of research and deciding what the goals for the site were, I decided that building the site on top of Wordpress was the right choice.

After some more research, I decided that purchasing the Headway Theme creation tool was a good fit for us as well.

I am now totally and completely lost. Has anyone used this? Can anyone point me towards some resources?

There is a ton out there on how to use it to create blogs. But not much on using it to create an actual website.

Starting to think I wasted $150...

Jon Aston

Hey Gary.

I don't recall: Have I mentioned that I use Headway?

Blogs are just websites with a specific publishing/archiving functionality. In Wordpress (with our without Headway) you can create static web pages (ie. your website) just as easily as you create blog posts. Frankly, you want to publish both... which is one of the many reasons that Wordpress was an excellent choice (kudos).

Headway makes it easy to customize your Wordpress site without any knowledge of CSS, PHP, or HTML. It also has some truly excellent SEO functionality built into it. I don't think you wasted your money at all.

If you're looking for resources, I would suggest the best place to start is with the Headway community - which consists of many helpful people (kind of like signs101.com) who are pretty generous with their knowledge.

If you have any specific questions, fire away. If you need a walkthrough, that can probably also be arranged. :)

Circleville Signs

LOL!!

By "research" I meant "I had a conversation with this marketing guy who said that Headway was a good tool" and I then checked it out further.

I'm getting stuck at the layout stuff. I can't add content to leafs. I want to lay out the pages in the same manner that I have them laid out in Illustrator. I've posted a plea for help in the support forums at Headway and haven't gotten any response yet.

Patience isn't a virtue that I posses large reserves of...

Jon Aston

OK.

What you need to understand is that content and design are completely separate operations.

Create and publish your web page content using Wordpress (via the "Pages" menu in the Wordpress dashboard). Headway has nothing to do with this.

Style your pages using Headway, using the wireframes you created in Illustrator as a guide.

You might find some useful video tutorials here.