• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Healthcare. I guess this falls under management.

petesign

We got into a BCBS group plan which was nice, no pre-existing conditions, no screening or anything to qualify.. the thing is, it's expensive as .. well it's expensive. I know these things vary state by state, but I was curious to see if any of you have had any success with other options. We just had a guy come in here, who was basically a insurance broker, and he was talking about sending us to assurant instead, it saved a little in the monthly rates, but sounded a little too good to be true. The more questions I asked, the faster the guy talked.

I've got a baby on the way, and am not willing to fall for the sucker deal and regret it later. Just thought I would throw it out there, and see if anyone else is in the same boat, and a little scared to leap from the comfort of something they trust but hate paying... or someone who did and is either happy about it, or jumped, hit their head and got a big nasty bill because their new insurance sucked.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We have a independent ins. agent who gets us quotes from several different underwriters. We use that and get some high deductible insurance and put money in an HSA or Flex Spending Account to cover some of the smaller stuff. We then offer our full time employees a stipend which they can use towards health insurance or forfeit. Since we're a pretty young & healthy company (in terms of our owners and staff) this was the most affordable way of doing it. Basically ever full-timer working here gets 'free' health insurance if they want it.

We're proud of it and it costs us much less than a group plan in just about every way.

Billct2

which they can use towards health insurance or forfeit
Does this mean they have to use it for health insurance or they don't get it?
Basically ever full-timer working here gets 'free' health insurance
Do you have a ceiling on the amount? How do you figure that?

visual800

I have BCBS on myself. In my opinion sir, if you got this you need to keep it. Ive had freinds with other insurance that just didnt pay a damn thing on anything.

BCBS is starting to be a PITA by not paying little stuff they used to. The rates keep going up and the coverage keeps going down BUT I do belive the day you need big coverage they are the one to have. I cnanot think of a better insurance coverage to have in this state better than them.

petesign

I tend to agree. The more I have read about this plan they pitched, the more I want to cringe for the poor sucker who gets duped.

Pre-existing conditions are not covered for the first year, coverage gets capped at a certain amount *lifetime*, and you basically have to either shop for the cheapest doctors you can find, or browbeat your doctor into accepting the pricing they are willing to pay them. Imagine if our industry worked that way. Ouch.

This plan might work if you are right out of college and don't get sick... but if you do, you're toast. I will just suck it up and make signs faster.

SD&F

I have had quite a few carriers in my life, I think I've tried them all but maybe Kaiser.
BCBS is a great company and with a baby on the way, I wouldn't switch.
They don't turn EVERYTHING down that is submitted.