• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat settings 3951RA

GP

Just started printing first panel of two box trucks on 3951RA with our newer HP L25500 with Caldera RIP.

Came off the printer and backing paper looks blistered.

This is the first time printing on this material / media.

Do I have to override heat settings?

*UPDATE* Seems like it may have just been the beginning of the print job, After printing a small snipe, the media sat in printer for a longer period of time while the very large file ripped. I re-sent print job and it looks like it has settled down. Still curious and would like to learn something from the little hook up.

GP

Attachments

• IMAG0568.jpg
    IMAG0568.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 104

ProColorGraphics

Turn the heat down. It did this on mine too with 3M. I used the HP Generic Vinyl 12 pass and changed the to 50 and 95 for the heat. I am using Caldera.

GP

unrelated question: in caldera, where do you set/increase the amount of space advanced between tiles?

GP

PS - thanks for your help. I will turn it down a smidge before the next run. Seems to have settled down.

signswi

Use the Oracal profiles not the generic, and turn the cure heat down a bit. We turned the cure heat down on all our Oracal profiles by between 10 and 20 degrees, but it will vary according to your environmental conditions.